Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 20/08/17 (post-match from p37)

Disco

if he plays perez and gayle next week rafa has to start taking some blame. Any team who cant hold the ball up and bring others into play is in trouble. He also needs to push the team another 10 to 15 yards at least uo the pitch. We are far too deep its awful to watch

Guest firetotheworks

It wasn't that bizarre in the circumstances. Rafa plays one up front, Joselu came on, Murphy came on, the only alternative would be Aarons, but Hayden was fading terribly and wasn't exactly playing well. So who's the alternative sub? Saivet?

It's where we are at the moment because Ashley's a cunt and Shelvey's an idiot.

Lascelles is so poor. What the f*** was he backing off for with that 1-2 for their goal?

Diame, including the decision to put him on, is a f***ing disgrace of a player. I hate that c***.

Manquillo another joke of a player- not close to good enough for what we need. Couldn't call him an upgrade on Anita. Ritchie not good enough down that side too, but at least he gives it everything he has.

Merino is top, top class. Only positive for us. Otherwise we're in big trouble. Can't keep playing Elliot- guy can barely kick a ball. An absolute disgrace.

If we go a goal down we're f***ed. We can't break teams down.

Lascelles and Ritchie were the best players on the pitch today, and Merino was probably the worst (alongside Atus and Manquillo I'll give you that). 

How many times did Merino give the ball away either by poor control or a poor pass (including times when his pass put another player under pressure, or was behind the player forcing them to check their run).

I'm not saying he's shite, he clearly needs more time to settle and as a unit we were poor today.

BTW Huddersfield showed today just how important momentum is. Something that c*** Ashley will never understand.

In his interview he did actually talk about the importance of momentum. And not letting negative momentum carry you down the divisions.

Guest neesy111

We don't have enough pace, or players who can create or beat a man. A real 10 would make a massive difference to this team imo

it has to be the priority.  We are crying out for creativity.

We don't have enough pace, or players who can create or beat a man. A real 10 would make a massive difference to this team imo

A real ten and a proven keeper are the only chances we'll have of survival imho.

Absolutely fucking appalling that.

Elliot 5 can't kick for shit

Manquillo 4 abysmal positioning

Lascelles 5 shaky

Clark 4 disgraceful for the goal

Mbemba 5 mixed bag

Merino 7 grew into it, our only strong performance

Hayden 6 effort there

Ritchie 4 shit again and booked again

Perez 4 pathetic and missed sitter

Atsu 5 nowhere near as good as last week

Gayle 4 invisible

Joselu 6 looked alright

Diame 2 the fuck was that pass?

Murphy - didn't have long enough

BTW Huddersfield showed today just how important momentum is. Something that cunt Ashley will never understand.

Aye, if we had spent like we should have, the moral it brings is so good for the team. Does that fat idiot think, holding back the money and trying to justify it through a interview of bullshit helps the team in any way.

Lascelles is so poor. What the f*** was he backing off for with that 1-2 for their goal?

Diame, including the decision to put him on, is a f***ing disgrace of a player. I hate that c***.

Manquillo another joke of a player- not close to good enough for what we need. Couldn't call him an upgrade on Anita. Ritchie not good enough down that side too, but at least he gives it everything he has.

Merino is top, top class. Only positive for us. Otherwise we're in big trouble. Can't keep playing Elliot- guy can barely kick a ball. An absolute disgrace.

Lascelles and Ritchie were the best players on the pitch today, and Merino was probably the worst (alongside Atus and Manquillo I'll give you that). 

How many times did Merino give the ball away either by poor control or a poor pass (including times when his pass put another player under pressure, or was behind the player forcing them to check their run).

I'm not saying he's shite, he clearly needs more time to settle and as a unit we were poor today.

Oppositeland.

I'm not saying he's s****, he clearly needs more time to settle and as a unit we were poor today.

You sure you were watching the right game?  :lol:

It was a fucking awful game like, they were woeful also. Their goal was the single moment of quality that happened & Ritchies effort first half.

The amount of scrappy play in the middle & lack of ability to bring the ball down and find a man stood out a lot. They pressed us very well tbf, so we had no time on the ball atall. We basically half tried to do the same, so neither side did anything bar a few shite crosses into the box to nowt.

Guest firetotheworks

Oppositeland.

[emoji38]

Anah, I thought Lascelles was second to most things, particularly in the air.

Lastly, f*** off the media. All I heard today was about how s*** we are, how good f***ing Huddersfield are and how we're probably down. f*** right off, we're 2 games in. Reminded me of why I enjoyed the Championship so much, already sick of this hyped up s****.

Performance was obviously s***, but so are these Premier League storylines. Did you know David Wagner was Klopp's best man, their owner biked to Wembley and plucky Huddersfield haven't played in the top flight since 1785? 

It was two clueless bottom half sides with no quality and a poor game but they make it out like Huddersfield dominated.

BTW Huddersfield showed today just how important momentum is. Something that cunt Ashley will never understand.

Aye, if we had spent like we should have, the moral it brings is so good for the team. Does that fat idiot think, holding back the money and trying to justify it through a interview of bullshit helps the team in any way.

It's not even just the money, the players can't fail to notice all the newspaper speculation about Benitez and comments like 'I'm not happy', the Ashley interview and furore surrounding it etc. All a big farce.

Manquillos poor lay across when put behind the defence on that freekick is an example of the moment of quality you need from a prem standard defender btw. If he gets any decent connection on that we score & he was one of our better players at times.

If our plan away from home or against bigger teams is to sit back and hit them on the break then I'm not sure if we can persist with Ritchie and/or Ayoze because they're just so slow. I know Ritchie was really good last season and technically he's a good player but he's not got that much pace.  I'm sure when he played for Bournemouth they had quite a lot of possesion so maybe his pace wasn't so much of an issue but we need some genuine pace and width to threaten teams

I'm not saying he's s****, he clearly needs more time to settle and as a unit we were poor today.

Oppositeland.

Ritchie actually managed to beat his man on occasions and created our only chance of the game.

Lascelles won pretty much all of his aerial dues with Moonie which were basically their main threat.

Merino lost the ball countless times, almost costing us goals in the process.

Lastly, f*** off the media. All I heard today was about how s*** we are, how good f***ing Huddersfield are and how we're probably down. f*** right off, we're 2 games in. Reminded me of why I enjoyed the Championship so much, already sick of this hyped up s****.

Performance was obviously s***, but so are these Premier League storylines. Did you know David Wagner was Klopp's best man, their owner biked to Wembley and plucky Huddersfield haven't played in the top flight since 1785? 

It was two clueless bottom half sides with no quality and a poor game but they make it out like Huddersfield dominated.

I wish Ashley would try to cycle to Wembley.