Other clubs' transfers

Greg

It really seems like there is no longer any sense to the prices of players, just name whatever insane price that comes to mind and hope it works.

There is. Fees on the continent aren't that bad it's just the greed of the PL where it's mental.

I bet there are centre halfs who go this summer for between 10-30m who are better than Maguire and end up higher rated. It's just lazy scouting of players who are "PL proven"

Aye Zaha is class. It'll be £70m for him too. That 25% sell on fee...

The problem is all premier league clubs are now rich and don't need to sell. If you want the player you have to pay the cash.

Yep, same with Maguire. Will be a similar sort of fee.

They’ve turned down 70m for Maguire today from Man Utd.

Hence the debate.

Hence why one poster said it’ll be a similar size of fee for around 70m, and my comment was about it needing more than that? So....errrr...wouldn’t be similar? I understand about having a debate on the sale price, but I was pointing it out that it will take more money than Van dijk.

Hence my comment.

Zaha is another one that baffles me 40m plus,  every time I see him hes just an average mid to bottom premier league player absolutely nothing special at all.

Theres lads in Belgium Holland and France just as good for a fraction of the price

Zaha is a beast in the PL. Fast, strong, great balance, dangerous on the counter, and in possession has a languid style where he always nicks the ball away at the last second. Type of player who can go both ways and leaves defenders guessing, so much so that often there's no way to stop him other than to foul him. Pain in the arse/thorn in your side type of player, and always seems to single handedly carry Palace's attack (even though they have good players like Townsend).

Having said that, I'm not sure a move to a CL club (or hopeful, as Arsenal now are) is right for him. At Palace they just give him the ball and he kinda hogs it until he gets fouled, which a mid table PL squad is happy to do because he's carrying them. If he moves to a more pass-and-move orientated team I'm not sure how his style would fit. He might be better off as a big fish in a small pond.

This Ndombele fella worth the bunce Spurs are paying for him? Don't think i've seen him play.

Was class v Man City in CL but that's the only time I've seen him and I'd imagine that's as good OL played all season. Assume he'll replace Sissoko so it's win-win.

PSG have sold so many of their talented youngsters for dirt cheap this Summer.

RB Leipzig will sign midfielder Christopher Nkunku from PSG today for €15m, subject to a medical.

Bayer Leverkusen have completed the signing of teenage attacker Moussa Diaby from PSG for €15million.

Official: Timothy Weah joins LOSC Lille from PSG with €9,5 million euros.

N’Soki next?

I’d love to have seen us buy from them this Summer :(

Denis Suárez joins Celta Vigo from Barcelona for 13 million euros.

So much great talent could have been had for cheap this Summer :hmm:

Sevilla agree to sign Lucas Ocampos in €13m deal.

Another bargain we could have had with Benitez.

I don’t think Rafa would have had to spend loads to make us a Top 10 regular with so many bargains out there :(

This Ndombele fella worth the bunce Spurs are paying for him? Don't think i've seen him play.

Was class v Man City in CL but that's the only time I've seen him and I'd imagine that's as good OL played all season. Assume he'll replace Sissoko so it's win-win.

Think a lot of Spurs fans would want him paired with Sissoko.

Not as fast as Sissoko but on a different planet technically.

Always plays forward too which they’ll probably enjoy.

He's supposed to be replacing Moussa Dembele in principle.

True he was decent last season. Given that Eriksen wants away they might both play. No idea what sort of player the new guy is beyond a CM.

True he was decent last season. Given that Eriksen wants away they might both play. No idea what sort of player the new guy is beyond a CM.

He's a much better version of Dembele from what I've seen of him. Better going forward than Sissoko that's for sure, but don't think either have that creative passing ability. More about pace and dribbling.

Leicester value Maguire at £90mil

jesus christ isn't that what Ronaldo went for? Honestly football needs a crash quickly because these kind of fees for a good but hardly great player is beyond a joke

Leicester value Maguire at £90mil

jesus christ isn't that what Ronaldo went for? Honestly football needs a crash quickly because these kind of fees for a good but hardly great player is beyond a joke

If it was just the fees then there wouldn't be a problem as it becomes irrelevant as the money just moves in a circle. They become a problem when agents and owners take high percentages out of the game so selling clubs don't get to benefit and reinvest