Other clubs' transfers

Greg

There was never really anything there though. :lol: We were interested as he looked good. £50m was talked about. We were never going to pay even half of that and at this point £25m looks much too expensive.

Manchester United made an offer of £30M+ 18 months ago though... OGS was (back then) desperate to get him in O0

At no stage did we ever make an offer for Longstaff.

There was never really anything there though. :lol: We were interested as he looked good. £50m was talked about. We were never going to pay even half of that and at this point £25m looks much too expensive.

Manchester United made an offer of £30M+ 18 months ago though... OGS was (back then) desperate to get him in O0

At no stage did we ever make an offer for Longstaff.

I can assure you, Manchester United made a verbal offer of £30M+ for Sean Longstaff 18 months ago. The offer was rejected by NUFC.

That's what I mean. I know we didn't bid and those sources you've shared are absolute rubbish. :lol: I'm just interested in The Athletic claim as it's relatively reputable.

Are you on the Board or executive leadership of Man United?

Unless you are, then you don't know you didn't bid.

Just as nobody on here knows either.

And it really doesn't matter - there was clearly interest at the time - be it whipped up by agents or otherwise -and it didn't materialise.

That's what I mean. I know we didn't bid and those sources you've shared are absolute rubbish. :lol: I'm just interested in The Athletic claim as it's relatively reputable.

And it really doesn't matter - there was clearly interest at the time - be it whipped up by agents or otherwise -and it didn't materialise.

Never said there wasn't interest. I said there was no bid. There wasn't. I have my sources of course same as everyone else. Merely asked for a link to the source of The Athletic which was being used to assure me of a bid. As if your Mike Ashley owned club wouldn't snap our hand off for £30m+ for someone with a handful of good games. :lol:

I will remember to remind you all when the transfer rumours start in the summer that you all know fuck all about Newcastle transfers if you're not on the board. :lol: I'm sure we'll all continue to listen to Fabrizio Romano in the summer even though he's not mates with Ashley or Woodward. ;)

Of course you know. Of course.

Woodward is my dad.

Never said there wasn't interest. I said there was no bid. There wasn't. I have my sources of course same as everyone else. Merely asked for a link to the source of The Athletic which was being used to assure me of a bid. As if your Mike Ashley owned club wouldn't snap our hand off for £30m+ for someone with a handful of good games. :lol:

I will remember to remind you all when the transfer rumours start in the summer that you all know fuck all about Newcastle transfers if you're not on the board. :lol: I'm sure we'll all continue to listen to Fabrizio Romano in the summer even though he's not mates with Ashley or Woodward. ;)

Nobody on here knows anything about Newcastle transfers so that's hardly a comeback.

I wasn't going to harp on about that myself, but really happy for Theo. He's been really good for Southampton since returning.

Always maintained he should have been used more than Bernard and Iwobi last season at Everton and got loads of stick for it.