Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

Ignoring whether the player would want to go or not, I genuinely don't think there is any amount of money large enough to be realistically offered to make the owners sell.

We've (apparently) got the third richest owners in English football. They've spent a ton already, and seem happy to continue doing so, they certainly won't give much of a shit about the money in.

What I am saying is, if there's a factor deciding whether he stays or goes, it won't be transfer fee.

Interestingly, the massive difference between these owners and Lerner is they're making sure their money gets spent sensibly. Some of last summer's signings were absolutely inspired, hard to spot any who have failed.

What fee would you expect to take for him, in the event he does go?

Wijnaldum to PSG confirmed on a three year deal. 

as for Grealish, I think it’s pretty irrelevant about the transfer fee. If he wants to leave, as like with any player, they hold the cards. The club could always say no, but they won’t want to keep an unhappy player. If they got somewhere around 80m from Man City or Man Utd, I think Villa would let him go, and more to the point, that he’d want to at this stage of his career. 

Guest HTT II
10 hours ago, toon25 said:

He'll win nothing in his career if he stays at Villa

Look at what Vardy could have won had he joined Arsenal for example.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I hope Grealish bucks the trend and commits to Villa long-term. I thought Kane might turn out to be a career Spurs player, but that seems unlikely now.

Aye, I hope Grealish stays too, Villa are not actually a million miles away from say a Man Utd, they are arguably in a better place than say Spurs and Arsenal right now. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye, I hope Grealish stays too, Villa are not actually a million miles away from say a Man Utd, they are arguably in a better place than say Spurs and Arsenal right now. 

Give over, man.

Guest HTT II

They aren’t, they are arguably as big or bigger than Spurs as a club and have a much better team than Arsenal. Man Utd finished second, but there is not a great deal of difference between Villa and them other than final league position. He obviously will have to move to win top honours, but to where? Moving to say Man Utd would be a career risk as much as staying at Villa.

Edited by HTT II

6 hours ago, HTT II said:

They aren’t, they are arguably as big or bigger than Spurs as a club and have a much better team than Arsenal. Man Utd finished second, but there is not a great deal of difference between Villa and them other than final league position. He obviously will have to move to win top honours, but to where? Moving to say Man Utd would be a career risk as much as staying at Villa.

I don’t understand. Or agree. Are you trolling? Since 2015, Man Utd have won 4 honours and been runners up in another 4. I’m the same time frame, Villa have been runners up in one competition. It’s pretty obvious that there’s a MASSIVE difference in competition for trophies, club ability/potential, as well as worldwide club size/following (with all due respect to Brummie). 

Donnarumma also heading to PSG, good move for them but i must say Keylor Navas is the most disrespected goalkeeper in recent times, won 3 champions league with Real Madrid while they were trying to get rid of him, went to PSG and massively improved them and yet they sign someone to replace him.

13 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Donnarumma also heading to PSG, good move for them but i must say Keylor Navas is the most disrespected goalkeeper in recent times, won 3 champions league with Real Madrid while they were trying to get rid of him, went to PSG and massively improved them and yet they sign someone to replace him.

He's 35 this year and they have the opportunity to sign one of the best and youngest goalkeepers in the world for free. Harsh on Navas, but it's a no brainer. 

I'm pretty sure he's not an out and out number 9 so it'll be interesting to see if they go for anyone else. Like you said getting Abraham or similar would be a great move.

49 minutes ago, Disco said:

I'm pretty sure he's not an out and out number 9 so it'll be interesting to see if they go for anyone else. Like you said getting Abraham or similar would be a great move.

Aye, add Abraham or similar to this guy and Trossard and that could be enough to take the jump.