Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

Maybe they need to sell a certain young English midfielder in order to fund him

The cool £4.3m we’d offer them would certainly go a long way.

3 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

a) who and b) astonishingly i don't think £50m buys you the finished article anymore tbph unless you jackpot it and hit a dias but they're like unicorn tears

I didn't necessarily mean they needed a finished article. I was referring more to the physical profile when I said dominant. They need someone big and physical in their back line IMO, who is still decent on the ball and can use it well like they prefer.

Three very shrewd moves I think they could make at centre back are for Issa Diop at West Ham who had a tremendous start there and looked like he was going to get a big move but has since lost his way a bit under Moyes. I also like Tosin Adarabioyo a lot too, as well as the other centre back Fulham had on loan from Lyon Joachim Andersen. Think those three could be had for better value this summer and would really thrive playing in better teams.

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Grealish is an odd one for Man City, I’m not sure I’d pick him in their first 11 right now. Guardiola should improve him though.

They have 2 first 11's though, so it makes sense. 

Exciting times seeing the big teams hoovering up all the talent whilst the rest of our club's budgets have been covid hit. Wankers. 

3 hours ago, Ben said:

Man City just casually chucking £200 million on the table, I bet there is a good chance they could make a lot of that back with player sales as well.

Why do people keep posting stuff on here as it it's true or has happened already? When it's not, just some bullshit rumour started no doubt on Twatter ( a forum for twats to post on)

38 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

He’s a terrific talent but it feels like he’s meant to be the proverbial “big fish in a small pond.” Could see him losing his way at City.

This....he'd become a Sidwell/Parker/Drinkwater the second he's put in a team that doesn't have him as the main man.

Goes to City and he might see the last ten minutes of league games every now and then, and becoming a stalwart of the League Cup games. 

I'm sure he'll be able to dry his eyes at night with all the medals, trophies, and cash he'd end up with though

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

This....he'd become a Sidwell/Parker/Drinkwater the second he's put in a team that doesn't have him as the main man.

Goes to City and he might see the last ten minutes of league games every now and then, and becoming a stalwart of the League Cup games. 

I'm sure he'll be able to dry his eyes at night with all the medals, trophies, and cash he'd end up with though

I was having a back and forth with a good friend of mine about the whole idea of winning things and I think it is so overrated. In my opinion it only matters to me if I'm a regular fixture in the first team. Otherwise playing football for a living is already a win and anything else is a bonus.

I'm not sure things would be as bad for Grealish at Man City as you have detailed, but if we assume that is the case I can't imagine why anyone with that talent would ever accept that just to say they won things when they hardly contribute. In that scenario I would much rather stay at Villa and try to qualify for the Europa League or Champions League and perhaps win the Carabao or FA Cup being the main man in a team that has ambition and is making an effort to go places. Would be infinitely more fulfilling.

1 hour ago, Tomato Deuce said:

He’s a terrific talent but it feels like he’s meant to be the proverbial “big fish in a small pond.” Could see him losing his way at City.

Couldn't agree more. He's great at buying fouls and alleviating pressure on teams. How he'll do in a possession-based set up would be interesting to see.

I can't see him moving, mind. Not unless he whacks a transfer request in.

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if they move Sterling on? He fell out of the first team towards the end of the season.

I saw a story the other day that he wasn't happy about his playing time last season.

Also was linked with Spurs as part of the Kane deal but he apparently wasn't keen. So yeah, he might be on his way out of there.

3 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Why do people keep posting stuff on here as it it's true or has happened already? When it's not, just some bullshit rumour started no doubt on Twatter ( a forum for twats to post on)

I thought this was the other clubs transfers thread ? 

45 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I was having a back and forth with a good friend of mine about the whole idea of winning things and I think it is so overrated. In my opinion it only matters to me if I'm a regular fixture in the first team. Otherwise playing football for a living is already a win and anything else is a bonus.

I'm not sure things would be as bad for Grealish at Man City as you have detailed, but if we assume that is the case I can't imagine why anyone with that talent would ever accept that just to say they won things when they hardly contribute. In that scenario I would much rather stay at Villa and try to qualify for the Europa League or Champions League and perhaps win the Carabao or FA Cup being the main man in a team that has ambition and is making an effort to go places. Would be infinitely more fulfilling.

Not sure if being sarcastic or not.

Loads of really good players went to Chelsea and City when the money started flowing and where almost instantly forgotten or never established themselves as there were simply better players there. Yes they got medals, but no-one will remember them.

Rodwell was massively rated before going to City....then suddenly he's at Sunderland, then nowhere

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Not sure if being sarcastic or not.

Loads of really good players went to Chelsea and City when the money started flowing and where almost instantly forgotten or never established themselves as there were simply better players there. Yes they got medals, but no-one will remember them.

Rodwell was massively rated before going to City....then suddenly he's at Sunderland, then nowhere

We're in agreement then. Don't think players should be so hasty to move just to 'win things'. Only move if you know you're going to be one of the main guys. Otherwise have a great career at the club you're at and you never know what might happen. The boys at Leicester that have ended up playing a part in winning that title and also winning the FA Cup this past season will be remembered forever for such great achievements.