Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Villa seem to spend a boatload of money, like Everton, yet never seem to sell anyone 

They are spending very very wisely though IMO and if you look back at the fees they are not bad at all. In fact the players have all increased in value already.

Cantwell and Buendia will now be another two really young but big talents that we will be looking back at as great value deals by next season too.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Even if they sell Grealish you get the impression they’d do a Leicester and sign 2-3 really good players to strengthen.

The owners have been absolutely brilliant since joining. They've made tons of money available, hired people who know how to run football clubs (something Lerner never did), instilled a solid coaching structure top to bottom, invested more in the training centre, are building a massive 'inner city academy' right next to the ground to develop local youth, and are buying players with the right attributes.

Interestingly, on the acquiring players thing, they're doing it top to bottom, so right down to the youth structure - nicked Louie Barry from Albion via Barcelona, got a youth side which won the FA Youth Cup, hosing up promising kids where appropriate, and hiring top development staff to bring them on.

One of them - Edens - watched his NBA team win the championship last night, built on a platform of keeping your best player and building around him. I've no idea if Grealish will stay, i suspect he will, but i like the fact we are at least trying to build something.

No guarantees any of this will work, but it is good to be having a go after ten years of having liquid shit injected into our eye balls week after week and coming within literally hours of going into administration.

10 minutes ago, brummie said:

The owners have been absolutely brilliant since joining. They've made tons of money available, hired people who know how to run football clubs (something Lerner never did), instilled a solid coaching structure top to bottom, invested more in the training centre, are building a massive 'inner city academy' right next to the ground to develop local youth, and are buying players with the right attributes.

Interestingly, on the acquiring players thing, they're doing it top to bottom, so right down to the youth structure - nicked Louie Barry from Albion via Barcelona, got a youth side which won the FA Youth Cup, hosing up promising kids where appropriate, and hiring top development staff to bring them on.

One of them - Edens - watched his NBA team win the championship last night, built on a platform of keeping your best player and building around him. I've no idea if Grealish will stay, i suspect he will, but i like the fact we are at least trying to build something.

No guarantees any of this will work, but it is good to be having a go after ten years of having liquid shit injected into our eye balls week after week and coming within literally hours of going into administration.

Can't even read this post past "owners have been brilliant"

22 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Not sure why they want Cantwell but ok

Well I imagine he's an alternative to Smith-Rowe as I don't think Arsenal will be letting him go and Villa have been looking to sign him.

Besides, why wouldn't anyone want Cantwell? :lol:

He's a really talented young English player that had a very decent premier league campaign first time around. 

Could easily see Cantwell coming along just like Grealish and Maddison at Leicester did. Two who were playing in the championship and who it took many clubs too long to pull the trigger on.

Cantwell is also apparently in the last year of his deal and is not looking to extend his contract at Norwich.

I don't know about the Grealish goes, Grealish stays thing but one thing which was crystal clear last season was how much we relied on him.

Buendia is clearly here with that in mind, and so I imagine would be Cantwell.

36 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Demarai Gray from Leverkusen to Everton for £1.6m

One point six

Good signing. Pretty staggered reading the outpouring of hate from Everton fans in the comments at their signings. Given they’ve spent Champions League money for the past couple of seasons to scrape mid-table it must have gone to their heads. 

11 minutes ago, CFlan said:

That @brummie post is the most depressing thing I’ve read on here in a long time. 

Between that and the Bielsa/Leeds article this morning I'm about ready to top myself. Following Premier League football/news is basically like wearing a device that kicks you in the testicles every few hours. Just minding my own business and then BAM "remember how shit everything is!?" 

Guest HTT II

I think under Rafa they will become very strong defensively and they will possibly see the best of Richarlison under Rafa, a player I rate. 

Edited by HTT II

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Are they still after Koulibaly? 

Aye, the Napoli manager wants to keep him though. 

He could sign Mbappe and Messi tbf to him and he’d still be on a hiding to nothing. 

3 hours ago, Paully said:

Harold to Man City - £160m - 400K a week wages apparently!

May as well give them the title now!

That seems like £60 million to much 

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:lol: genuinely thought Harold was a Brazilian I'd never heard of there. Thought that's a bit dear. 

Same.  After all, we’ve already had Bernard, Arthur, Fred, Allan and Allison among others.

Edited by Sima

It's a funny time to spend a daft amount of money on Kane imo. He's added new facets to his game the last couple of seasons but he really looked like he'd lost a step in the Euros. Might end up a bit like the Torres to Chelsea transfer. 

Probably not though, he'll doubtless score hundreds :lol: