Other clubs' transfers

Greg

35 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

It's a funny time to spend a daft amount of money on Kane imo. He's added new facets to his game the last couple of seasons but he really looked like he'd lost a step in the Euros. Might end up a bit like the Torres to Chelsea transfer. 

Probably not though, he'll doubtless score hundreds :lol:

Literally came here to make the Torres shout. If it comes to pass I'm gonna fight ye. 

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

It's a funny time to spend a daft amount of money on Kane imo. He's added new facets to his game the last couple of seasons but he really looked like he'd lost a step in the Euros. Might end up a bit like the Torres to Chelsea transfer. 

Probably not though, he'll doubtless score hundreds :lol:

agree he looked fat, slow and lazy. 

not half of the athlete Joelinton is 

Guest neesy111

With Kane you get experience, Haaland youth.  I'd probably go for Haaland if I were the football manager in this situation for City.

Mind, City will be able to rotate Kane and keep his fitness up.

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

With Kane you get experience, Haaland youth.  I'd probably go for Haaland if I were the football manager in this situation for City.

Mind, City will be able to rotate Kane and keep his fitness up.

I think Pep might be thinking more short term for himself with Kane, win the Champions league this season and he might even go.

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wrexham have just signed the League 2 Player of the Season. Hollywood making a proper fist of getting into the Football League it seems.

Wow fucking hell

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Kane did get the most goals and assists in the league last season like. Though it feels like Haaland would be more suited to City's style of play.

Not having a go but it’s annoying me that people keep saying this. Surely it’s the other way around. Haaland very good at exploiting  space in behind, which there isn’t too much off because teams usually sit deep against Manchester City. Kane likes to come deep, play between the lines, play nice little through balls for team mates. Kane definitely seems more of a Pep player to me.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

OGS has no excuse not to challenge for the title properly this season now like. I mean Liverpool 18/19 style pushing them to final day not just settling for second place.

He’s only signed the one player though and Sancho is an unknown quantity here in the PL, not defending him btw, he needs to make a few more top quality signings to have Man Utd as a contender IMO.

26 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Not having a go but it’s annoying me that people keep saying this. Surely it’s the other way around. Haaland very good at exploiting  space in behind, which there isn’t too much off because teams usually sit deep against Manchester City. Kane likes to come deep, play between the lines, play nice little through balls for team mates. Kane definitely seems more of a Pep player to me.

You'd think Kane would play with Foden and another, possibly even Grealish if they're willing to pay serious cash. Sterling is on the fringes, Bernardo is a good player but won't stretch teams, so you're left with Mahrez. That's an awful lot of playes who like to come deep to pick up the ball. Unless Sterling is brought back in, you can see teams sitting in and crowding the final third without having to worry about too much threat in behind.

Haaland is quick, direct and equally as important his one touch finishing is incredible. I think he's far more likely to commit defenders than Kane.

They'd both be phenomenal signings, but I just think Haaland would give them something a bit different and an extra edge in and around the box, which is what they lacked at times last season.

Edited by The Prophet

9 hours ago, TBG said:

Pheeew. 

Was worried their £6m Super League fine might've scuppered their finances. 

£14.6m a season over 5 years. This isn't a display of any sort of spending power. 

6 hours ago, HTT II said:

He’s only signed the one player though and Sancho is an unknown quantity here in the PL, not defending him btw, he needs to make a few more top quality signings to have Man Utd as a contender IMO.

If Varane comes in he will have the squad to challenge and will be expected to do so. Our team is excellent now. Just needs a centre back and a defensive midfielder to be perfect. 

Guest HTT II
8 hours ago, Froggy said:

£14.6m a season over 5 years. This isn't a display of any sort of spending power. 

If Varane comes in he will have the squad to challenge and will be expected to do so. Our team is excellent now. Just needs a centre back and a defensive midfielder to be perfect. 

I think you need a proper world-class centre-forward in there mate, someone like… Lukaku?

4 hours ago, HTT II said:

I think you need a proper world-class centre-forward in there mate, someone like… Lukaku?

Lukaku doesn't fit our style of play at all. Cavani will do for another season until Greenwood is ready. 

Only City scored more than us last season. Up top doesn't worry me any more. A serious amount of talent there.