Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Anyone who thinks Varane isn't world class and not the perfect partner for Maguire is an absolute mentalist. 

Still cannot believe we've got him. 

100% agree, I think a few could leave now though to balance the books 

1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

£41m could be a gamble worth taking for them I guess 

If signing a 27 year old World Cup winning, Champions League winning centre back who's been named in FIFA World XI's and UEFA teams of the year for £34m + add ons from Real Madrid is a gamble, then every transfer ever is a gamble.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

100% agree, I think a few could leave now though to balance the books 

There has to be a few departures. Definitely one of Jones or Bailly now. Lingard and/or Pereira. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pogba sold either as it's increasingly unlikely he's going to sign a new contract. 

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Probably second most expensive. We finished second. 

Not sure there’ll be the benefit of Chelsea & Liverpool being as poor this season. Should be pushing 1st, minimum should be 2nd again this season with a better challenge. Could see 4th.

As for Lamela, seen a few things on FB & Twitter seemingly underrating his goal at Arsenal. You see hundreds of 30 yards howitzers and well worked team goals, dozens of overhead kicks, etc. In 30 years of the Premier League I've never seen a goal as unique as that. It was brilliant.

Varane has looked pretty poor to average alot of the times I've seen him play without Ramos for Madrid. Together he looks a different palyer. 

Think he could work well with Maguire though and has the pace to bail him out. Having a player of that calibre is only going to instill more confidence across the side defensively too. 

22 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

As for Lamela, seen a few things on FB & Twitter seemingly underrating his goal at Arsenal. You see hundreds of 30 yards howitzers and well worked team goals, dozens of overhead kicks, etc. In 30 years of the Premier League I've never seen a goal as unique as that. It was brilliant.

Think he'll do well at Sevilla. He's a very modern day Sevilla signing.

13 hours ago, joeyt said:

"Negotiating down from there".

Really? I don't think that's how it is going to work. I also would bet everything I own if we were to put a price on him, it'd be more than that.

We don't need the money and don't want to sell, he's got 4 years on his contract and is extremely unlikely to do a Delph on us.

The arrogance of the ESL wankers (less so Spurs, as they weren't really credible in that company in the first place) makes me want to vomit.

What's the point even trying with these wankers in the press making it so easy for them?

Guest HTT II
7 hours ago, brummie said:

Really? I don't think that's how it is going to work. I also would bet everything I own if we were to put a price on him, it'd be more than that.

We don't need the money and don't want to sell, he's got 4 years on his contract and is extremely unlikely to do a Delph on us.

The arrogance of the ESL wankers (less so Spurs, as they weren't really credible in that company in the first place) makes me want to vomit.

What's the point even trying with these wankers in the press making it so easy for them?

The media are always desperate to get any good player not from one of the big six to join one of the big six if they can and yet they will be the first to hammer said player when they don’t perform or go through a bad spell. That’s why I pay literally zero attention to any news today, especially sports news. I hope Grealish stays and feel he will, but sadly, realistically if he wants to compete for the top trophies he will have to move. Mind, I don’t think City would be the best team for him in terms of his style of play. 

Edited by HTT II

9 hours ago, brummie said:

I wouldn't even get stressed about it. As you've said you hold all the cards.

If he does leave it will be for a great price, and you will be bringing in quality to replace him. You are constantly linked with class players nowadays.

12 hours ago, HTT II said:

The media are always desperate to get any good player not from one of the big six to join one of the big six if they can and yet they will be the first to hammer said player when they don’t perform or go through a bad spell. That’s why I pay literally zero attention to any news today, especially sports news. I hope Grealish stays and feel he will, but sadly, realistically if he wants to compete for the top trophies he will have to move. Mind, I don’t think City would be the best team for him in terms of his style of play. 

It’s always an absolute fucking honor to see a good player join the Big 6. 

Edited by Tomato Deuce