Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

With Lingaard back at Man U. West Ham look like they are about to tie up a deal for Pereira from West Brom. Very nice move.

And the better player IMO.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Villa bid for James Ward-Prowse rejected.

Are they mad, don’t they know they can do a Leeds or a Portsmouth?

Guest reefatoon

These transfer windows seem really boring when you are splashing the cash and loads of players signing.  Much better to just bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist like we do.

Grealish medical next week - expected https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/30/exclusive-manchester-city-make-jack-grealish-transfer-bid-100million/

" The 25-year-old was set to return for training with Villa on Monday next week, after taking a break following England's involvement with Euro 2020, but City are hopeful of striking an agreement over the next few days.

It is understood that City may allow Bernardo Silva, the Portugal international, to leave the club as a result of Grealish's impending arrival.

Manchester City, Villa and Grealish's agent were all contacted on Friday and declined to comment on the record-breaking offer.

With Grealish now expected to undergo a medical early next week, this development was always an unwelcome scenario for Villa's ambitious owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, who are targeting a return to European football with the club's best player at the forefront."

17 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Grealish medical next week - expected https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/30/exclusive-manchester-city-make-jack-grealish-transfer-bid-100million/

" The 25-year-old was set to return for training with Villa on Monday next week, after taking a break following England's involvement with Euro 2020, but City are hopeful of striking an agreement over the next few days.

It is understood that City may allow Bernardo Silva, the Portugal international, to leave the club as a result of Grealish's impending arrival.

Manchester City, Villa and Grealish's agent were all contacted on Friday and declined to comment on the record-breaking offer.

With Grealish now expected to undergo a medical early next week, this development was always an unwelcome scenario for Villa's ambitious owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, who are targeting a return to European football with the club's best player at the forefront."

Not happening according to Comical Brummie 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

£100million is a truly obscene amount of money. Absolutely grim that it's happening but I don't think you can blame Villa for taking it. 

It is but I thought it was on the lower end for him. I thought Coutinho 140 million should have been the benchmark. He is more important for Villa than Coutinho was for us. 

I don’t have the hate for Villa many here do - yeah, they laughed at us when we went down, and we spanked them 6-0 to return the favour, so that’s square for me. I’ve also got a few Villa fan mates, and they’ve been nothing but sympathetic from a Bruce-survivor perspective.

All of which is to say I really hope Grealish stays - and I leant into @brummie suggestion that they don’t need to sell. Is there any realistic possibility of him saying no to City? That article makes the great leap from “bid in” to “medical next week”…?

7 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Instinctively, I'm happy he's leaving because Villa are doing my head in.

But what if that £100m goes towards Willock or ASM? :weep:

Would just mean relegation by February and not April. 

That’s where Ashley has placed us in the food chain. Watching the likes of Villa, Leeds and West Ham move into the distance. 

7 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Instinctively, I'm happy he's leaving because Villa are doing my head in.

But what if that £100m goes towards Willock or ASM? :weep:

I hope you get over Villa doing your head in because it's going to get a lot worse, especially if Grealish leaves.

Looks like they will be bringing in a number of players with the money. Been linked with Ward-Prowse and Cantwell and could see them adding both and likely others.

Looks like the "big" clubs will be making their moves in the transfer market this weekend, Brucie can feed on the scraps towards the end of August.

Fuckin Gerrin