Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Listening to Peps press conference - sounded to me they'll not be making a move for Messi as they're already brought in Jack as they were convinced he's stay with Barca.  Seems a case of what could have been.  Personally I would have liked to see Messi in the Premier League for City - they're gonna win the League anyway just would have been fun to watch.

Edited by duo

Not to go all Pards but it's not going to work in the CL unless Neymar and Mbappe start doing some running. Teams will just overrun them if not. Even towards the end of MSN it wasn't working because none of them were running

7 minutes ago, triggs said:

Not to go all Pards but it's not going to work in the CL unless Neymar and Mbappe start doing some running. Teams will just overrun them if not. Even towards the end of MSN it wasn't working because none of them were running

it’s essential in the champions league at the highest level these days.

City are building some squad. Will be surprised to see anyone challenge them strongly for the league in the next season or two.

- Ederson, Steffen

- Walker, Dias, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Laporte, Mendy, Cancelo

- Gundogan, Grealish, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandinho, Foden

- Sterling, Jesus, Torres, Mahrez

I think their second 11 is good enough to qualify for Champions League. They are missing a top striker which I think they will address with Kane.

From an England point of view, I hope Pep plays an attack of Sterling, Foden, Grealish for some games. If the three build some understanding, hopefully it will help England in the next world cup. the same way the chemistry of his Barcelona team helped Spain.