Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I remember working with a Greek guy a few years ago and we had a Christmas photo taken, he had the same face as that bloke, the photographer said to him "can you smile" he says "I am smiling " 

On 11/08/2021 at 13:38, rgk_lfc said:

You also need a decent amount of luck to win the CL. I think PSG have been unlucky in the past to injuries to key players like Neymar. Rafa's 2008-2009 Liverpool was an order of magnitude better than the 2005 team which won the CL. Chelsea's team which won the CL in 2011 or 2012 wasnt as good as the Chelsea team of 2005-2010. Best team doesnt win in most of the cases. Which is why the achievement of Zidane's Madrid is so impressive. 

Agreed. 

I think it has been harder for an oil, state etc.  Banked club to win the CL because there’s no history of success in that competition.  

Now due to finances they will dominate. Chelsea, PSG and City have been competitive for what? 10-15 years.  And have 2 CLs between them, both belonging to Chelsea who have a first mover advantage. 

Until now CL has largely remained in the footballing aristocracy Real, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United, Bayern.  

while they still have capital I think the Super League will happen in the next 5 years or the CL revamped even more. The pandemic has put footballing aristocracy 10 years behind PL and funded clubs. 

Guest neesy111

Urghh, buy back is another thing I'd ban from football.

Means top clubs can hoard younger players and then sell them on to progress and then buy them back. 

26 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Man City allegedly planning to go back in for Kane at around £130m according to Fabrizio Romano.

Pep will be trying to offload the likes of Bernardo Silva so he can still pretend they need to sell before they can buy..