Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

His new club perfectly describes his ability as a player.

Reminds me of watching Watford on Saturday. The commentator saying "Louza" definitely had a John Motson/Stefan Kuntz vibe to it   :lol: :lol: 

Always have the mental image of him never really overlapping, but instead just hustling back and forth - progressively more and more anxious the closer he got towards oppositions goal, but just swinging deep crosses to far post for likes of Ferguson/Campbell/McBride/Radzinski/Cahill to thunder home a header from. Fundamental, peak Moyes-ball for a good ten years, until Mikel Arteta came along and twisted Moyes' melon - probably the defining point in that creatures career, Arteta coming into that Everton side and forcing Moyes to redefining it.

All jokes aside, he had a great career - understudy to Steve Watson for five years.

Edited by Abra Dubravka

23 hours ago, Lazarus said:
23 hours ago, joeyt said:

:lol:

Hibbert trained as an electrical engineer alongside his career in professional football. Brendan Rodgers, the former Liverpool and Celtic manager, described Hibbert as "a brilliant technician".

Probably says a lot but I can’t work out if that is a joke, or real quote. :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I hope we don't get linked to him.

Although talented, he always looks unmotivated.

I’d have him here in a shot. 

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d have him here in a shot. 

Moody Frenchman with delusions of being far more talented than he actually is, always looking for a move or a better contract.

Got N'Somnia written all over it.

Talent wise he'd be great for our squad....we could get him with a big fat salary, but it would be Owen levels of dis-interest in actually playing for us.

We'll be linked with every high profile player wanting an out followed with "Newcastle hit with further blow as Mbappe turns down Tyneside" when we weren't in for him (or other players of his calibre) to begin with.

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Moody Frenchman with delusions of being far more talented than he actually is, always looking for a move or a better contract.

Got N'Somnia written all over it.

Talent wise he'd be great for our squad....we could get him with a big fat salary, but it would be Owen levels of dis-interest in actually playing for us.

Hmmm ... not sure. I think he's been so moody because he just wants to play every week, and he has been messed about a lot over there. In the team, then out of the team, upfront, then out left, then out on the right. Think he just wants to be a key man in a team and play every week, so he can get some rhythm and improve on his game.

He’s been badly mismanaged at MUFC, he’s a CF not a winger or whatever, he’s got everything, but needs to move for the good of his career. He’d be dynamite here!

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s been badly mismanaged at MUFC, he’s a CF not a winger or whatever, he’s got everything, but needs to move for the good of his career. He’d be dynamite here!

I tend to agree. Don't think he cares about being at a "big club" if it means he's stuck on the bench all the time.

Think he wants to play week in and week out. Would absolutely have him here too. He's a class act, and if he's a key player in a team he'd be ace.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I tend to agree. Don't think he cares about being at a "big club" if it means he's stuck on the bench all the time.

Think he wants to play week in and week out. Would absolutely have him here too. He's a class act, and if he's a key player in a team he'd be ace.

It’s just not happened for him at Man Utd after a promising start, they’ve had problems at various times with the form and fitness of all their forwards over the past years. Martial like Rashford has to play CF and be the main man, if they are shunted wide or withdrawn to accommodate other players the likes of him are going to struggle for form and consistency.