Other clubs' transfers

Greg

42 minutes ago, brummie said:

Ah that's a shame.

The owner dead too (13 years ago! fuck!) - that's a shame. He used to appear in Viz, I seem to remember.

Had some great nights down the Bigg Market and then to the Rupali.

Before people started going down the Quayside to drink instead.

In my time there were two reasons to be down the quayside at night - desperate grab a granny  nights at Julie's, or decent beer at the Cooperage (which is probably a fucking hotel nowadays)

Cooperage has been closed, and nowt, for about ten years as the building itself needs sorting out. Used to be a cracking place for a club night. 

38 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Was the Rupali the upstairs one??

Or am I thinking of another curry house elsewhere?

Aye just opposite where the bogs used to be.

50 minutes ago, brummie said:

He'll get a lot of goodwill from fans of other clubs, good to see him back.

Although personally, I think he's nuts, no matter how much he likes playing football.

I like drinking beer and eating curry but if I'd found myself clinically dead from doing it, only to survive, I wouldn't be heading down the Rupali* any time soon.

*please tell me the Rupali is still there

Did football cause it though? It happened not long into a game, doubt it was exhaustion or hard exertion, thought it was pretty random and could happen to him doing anything.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Morata potential getting yet another top gig :lol: Must have the same agent as Martinez

He’s got 27 goals in 70 appearance for a Juve over the last two years, and 22 in 61 for Athletico prior to that, and 24 in 72 for Chelsea before that. He’s consistently scored goals.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s got 27 goals in 70 appearance for a Juve over the last two years, and 22 in 61 for Athletico prior to that, and 24 in 72 for Chelsea before that. He’s consistently scored goals.

See I'd use those same numbers to question why he keeps getting signed.

Just now, Manxst said:

Oh, they’re not GREAT. But they’re better than a lot, surely? 

Absolutely, but not good enough to be starting for Juve, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and potentially Barcelona imo.

I know he has more to his game than goals, but he's never struck me as a player who belongs at that level.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

See I'd use those same numbers to question why he keeps getting signed.

I was thinking the same - Swap those numbers/ratio into Dusan Vlahovic, Julian Alvarez, Darwin Nunez and no chance Europe's elite are queuing up.. 

Surely clubs like Atleti, Juve, Barce are looking for a forward to be scoring more than around 1:3 - especially if you're paying fees Morata has gone for, and no doubt massive money.

11 minutes ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

I was thinking the same - Swap those numbers/ratio into Dusan Vlahovic, Julian Alvarez, Darwin Nunez and no chance Europe's elite are queuing up.. 

Surely clubs like Atleti, Juve, Barce are looking for a forward to be scoring more than around 1:3 - especially if you're paying fees Morata has gone for, and no doubt massive money.

Alvarez is 2.47 and Nunez 2.28 and Vlahovic 2.57? 

edit- Morata for reference is at 2.69. Slightly worse (but not by much) to all those mentioned, and over a much longer consistent period. 

Edited by Manxst