Other clubs' transfers

Greg

On 24/03/2022 at 18:45, Dokko said:

Villa fans always over estimate their importance in the world of football. 

On 25/03/2022 at 07:28, triggs said:

So does every other team's fans

There’s definitely something about Villa fans though. I was working in Villa territory around the beginning of Martin O’Neill’s tenure and there were more than a few guys who had considered themselves to have always been a top two or three side - basically on a par with, say, Liverpool. It was just the way the talked about it, like of course they were a bigger club than just about everyone, and it was just a matter of time before the glory days of, ooh, the 1800s were back.

It really stuck in my mind because it took me so much by surprise.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

There’s definitely something about Villa fans though. I was working in Villa territory around the beginning of Martin O’Neill’s tenure and there were more than a few guys who had considered themselves to have always been a top two or three side - basically on a par with, say, Liverpool. It was just the way the talked about it, like of course they were a bigger club than just about everyone, and it was just a matter of time before the glory days of, ooh, the 1800s were back.

It really stuck in my mind because it took me so much by surprise.

Over inflated egos due to winning the European Cup in 1982. 

Russia was a totalitarian state when he moved there. Other than sanctions which will be hitting his pocket I’m not sure what has changed for him. I don’t get why he’s particularly vulnerable or at risk, he’s not in Ukraine.

What's the structure of the deal that took him to Everton? Was this a loan with an option to buy/obligation after x appearances so he's just going back to the Spurs reserves?

Love that they'll not see a penny if Everton do indeed give up on him.

Also can't believe I was up for us giving him a shot. :lol:

Edited by wormy

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

What's the structure of the deal that took him to Everton? Was this a loan with an option to buy/obligation after x appearances so he's just going back to the Spurs reserves?

Love that they'll not see a penny if Everton do indeed give up on him.

Also can't believe I was up for us giving him a shot. :lol:

Permanent transfer with zero fee now but for agreed future fees (something like £20m after 20 appearances and a further £20m after 80?). Can’t see how they can get rid unless they both agree to release him for free at the end of the season? 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He’s exactly what they need in fairness- much more so than Man City. A focal point up front who can hold the ball up, bring others into play and pass the ball onto the likes of onrunning Sancho etc, and also obviously score guaranteed double figures in goals- plus has at least another three or four years left at the top of his game. Oh, and not to mention also being a decent professional and perhaps changing the dressing room mentality a little- he’d more than likely be the captain over inept Harry.  

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Permanent transfer with zero fee now but for agreed future fees (something like £20m after 20 appearances and a further £20m after 80?). Can’t see how they can get rid unless they both agree to release him for free at the end of the season? 

That makes it even more hilarious tbh. :lol: So Spurs have completely lost him for nothing. And presumably if Everton do release him they'll have to stump up to break the contract? Happy days all around.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Doesn't really align with Kane's ambition of winning major trophies, mind. 

Depends on the next manager and the promises of levels of investment in the squad they make to him, I guess. 

24 minutes ago, wormy said:

That makes it even more hilarious tbh. :lol: So Spurs have completely lost him for nothing. And presumably if Everton do release him they'll have to stump up to break the contract? Happy days all around.

Sounds like the deal the spurs fans thought they got for Sissoko ("joke is on NUFC fans, we can just sell him and then we dont have to pay them the installments because he is not in our club anymore")

Would be surprised if the Alli deal was agreed like that though

22 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Depends on the next manager and the promises of levels of investment in the squad they make to him, I guess. 

I just don't see how they can revolutionise that team to the extent that it's doing better than Man City and Liverpool in the amount of time that Kane's likely to still be playing at the same level. I think it would mean a lot of stars aligning like. 

• 2 weeks later...

We're finally extending Araujo's contract. He'd been linked to the PL given that he had a pretty affordable release fee (€50m). Would have sucked if we lost the first competent CB we stumble upon in quite a while.

Now only Gavi and Dembele's need new contracts and we'd have secured our young spine. I'm not confident on extending Dembelé, though, he's just asking for too much money given our financial situation.

Edited by Village Idiot

11 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

I'm not confident on extending Dembelé, though, he's just asking for too much money given our financial situation.

Off to PSG, do you think?