Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Ikon said:

Rather have Pino from Villareal. Also, IF we did buy Paqueta I’m pretty sure it would be for a more central role than out wide. 

Pino's release clause is roughly the same as Raphinha's. Would rather Raph's experience of playing in the PL and living in England than a 19-year-old.

I don't want a #10. Get the creativity from wide.

On 06/04/2022 at 13:31, Village Idiot said:

We're finally extending Araujo's contract. He'd been linked to the PL given that he had a pretty affordable release fee (€50m). Would have sucked if we lost the first competent CB we stumble upon in quite a while.

Now only Gavi and Dembele's need new contracts and we'd have secured our young spine. I'm not confident on extending Dembelé, though, he's just asking for too much money given our financial situation.

I like what I've seen of him. 

Quite physical and not always the easiest on the eye, but those types are going to be massive for you going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CFlan said:

Leaves us in pole position for Nunez. 

Or potentially Jesus? Pretty sure they've got another striker coming in from South America that they signed and loaned back (River Plate maybe?). This would push him down the pecking order. I'd snap their hands off if he was available for a reasonable fee.

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Or potentially Jesus? Pretty sure they've got another striker coming in from South America that they signed and loaned back (River Plate maybe?). This would push him down the pecking order. I'd snap their hands off if he was available for a reasonable fee.

Julian Alvarez, yes. 

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Alfie Mawson joining Wycombe. Some fall from relative grace that like. Fair play for dropping down to get his career restarted after injuries.

Was that the guy from Swansea?

Jesus he's only 28.

Feels like just yesterday I was sat around watching football with mates every weekend and tipped him as FGS with a header, bottled putting my money on and then watched him do it I think two fucking weeks in a row. Hated him ever since.