Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 hours ago, McCormick said:

He’s fantastic and has everything to become one of the world’s best players. Different positions but I’d prefer him to Diaby if I’m being honest. 

Sinisterra is not that good like. A bit of a rough diamond, but I don’t think he’s ready for PL just yet. PSV’s Madueke on the other hand…

7 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Sinisterra is not that good like. A bit of a rough diamond, but I don’t think he’s ready for PL just yet. PSV’s Madueke on the other hand…

:thup: .  Respectfully disagree. Madueke seems very injury prone and leans too heavily on his athleticism (although I do really like him too). Sinisterra looks, to me, to have the superior footballing iq; like a young Stirling but strikes the ball with more authority. 

We've signed Kessiè (Milan) and Christensen (Chelsea) on frees. Can't say I've followed them. Any opinion?

Also, Dembelé remains unattached after nearly a week, confirming that nobody (rightfully) wants to meet his astronomical demands. There's talk we may resign him in a short contract, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

1 hour ago, Village Idiot said:

We've signed Kessiè (Milan) and Christensen (Chelsea) on frees. Can't say I've followed them. Any opinion?

Also, Dembelé remains unattached after nearly a week, confirming that nobody (rightfully) wants to meet his astronomical demands. There's talk we may resign him in a short contract, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

As a Dane I have mostly watched Christensen for our national team where he's instrumental. We are basically a completely different team (for the better) when he's on the pitch. Heard from one of my Chelsea mates that he faded a bit towards the end of their season. He became a father in May and combined with the Barca rumors his mind were probably not in the right place.

He's a technical gifted CB who can also slot in at midfield. I've always thought that he'd be better suited for La Primera than the PL so I think he'll shine for you guys.

Jovic transfer is interesting. I hoped we would be involved or at least intersted in this type of deal (that seemingly - only Italian clubs are able to negotiate). I've a strong suspicion Madrid are paying supplementing his wages until 2024 - although Marca deny this. Madrid have taken a crazy loss on this transfer.

17 hours ago, Mike said:

Genuine question. Haven't Everton spent like a billion dollars? How can they make moves around FFP?

Aside from the creative accounting for Covid, the club have drastically reduced spending. The following all came off the wage bill in the last 12 months:

James £200k

Bernard £120k

Sigurdsson £120k

Richarlison £100k

Digne £100k

Delph £90k

Tosun £60k

Moise Kean £50k

Kenny £30k

VdB and El Ghazi's loans ended and we were covering all of their wages. Pretty sure VdB was on something ridiculous at Man Utd. 

Some decent fees in - about £60m for Richarlison and £25m for Digne. Juve have an obligation to buy Kean for £25m.

We spent about £30m combined on Gray, Mykolenko and Patterson in that time. All of them on much lower wages than their predecessors. The only high earner to come in is Dele on £100k. He will end up costing us a £10m fee, but nothing as yet. 

I don't expect us to be big spenders in this window, probably make a small profit and keep the wage bill sensible. Tarkowski is apparently on around £80k but Mina (£120k) is likely to be sold. 

Edited by 1878

15 minutes ago, 1878 said:

Aside from the creative accounting for Covid, the club have drastically reduced spending. The following all came off the wage bill in the last 12 months:

James £200k

Bernard £120k

Sigurdsson £120k

Richarlison £100k

Digne £100k

Delph £90k

Tosun £60k

Moise Kean £50k

Kenny £30k

VdB and El Ghazi's loans ended and we were covering all of their wages. Pretty sure VdB was on something ridiculous at Man Utd. 

Some decent fees in - about £80m for Richarlison and £25m for Digne. Juve have an obligation to buy Kean for £25m.

We spent about £30m combined on Gray, Mykolenko and Patterson in that time. All of them on much lower wages than their predecessors. The only high earner to come in is Dele on £100k. He will end up costing us a £10m fee, but nothing as yet. 

I don't expect us to be big spenders in this window, probably make a small profit and keep the wage bill sensible. Tarkowski is apparently on around £80k but Mina (£120k) is likely to be sold. 

Is that Jonjo Kenny that was on 30k? Didn't realise he was leaving. Does that mean Patterson will be thrown in the deep end? Colemans legs are gone right?

Thought it was 60M for Richarlison?  

How do you feel about swapping Mina for Tarkowski? I know a lot of people don't rate Mina but I personally feel that you lot defend a lot better when he's in the side. I remember when Mina had to come off the last time we played you lot at SJP, I feel like that was the turning point in that game and Everton fell apart defensively.

Edited by Joey47

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Is that Jonjo Kenny that was on 30k? Didn't realise he was leaving. Does that mean Patterson will be thrown in the deep end? Colemans legs are gone right?

Thought it was 60M for Richarlison?  

How do you feel about swapping Mina for Tarkowski? I know a lot of people don't rate Mina but I personally feel that you lot defend a lot better when he's in the side. I remember when Mina had to come off the last time we played you lot, I feel like that was the turning point in that game and Everton fell apart defensively.

Yeah, Kenny. He's signed for Hertha Berlin on a free. Everyone is hoping Patterson is the starter next season. Coleman is well loved here and worth keeping around as a club captain but he's finished as a regular.

It was £60m! Will fix that.

You're spot on about Mina. He's the only one that can organise our defence and the stats show there's a massive difference to results when he plays. I think the club see Tarkowski as having the same organisation and leadership qualities, hopefully he can do the same job. I will miss Mina's word class shithousery though :lol: 

29 minutes ago, 1878 said:

Yeah, Kenny. He's signed for Hertha Berlin on a free. Everyone is hoping Patterson is the starter next season. Coleman is well loved here and worth keeping around as a club captain but he's finished as a regular.

It was £60m! Will fix that.

You're spot on about Mina. He's the only one that can organise our defence and the stats show there's a massive difference to results when he plays. I think the club see Tarkowski as having the same organisation and leadership qualities, hopefully he can do the same job. I will miss Mina's word class shithousery though :lol: 

Has Mina left then? Apologies if a stupid question, it's not something I've seen talked about in the press.

36 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Has Mina left then? Apologies if a stupid question, it's not something I've seen talked about in the press.

No not yet, but reported that we are touting him around. He only has one year left on his contract. Marseille have been linked.

2 hours ago, 1878 said:

No not yet, but reported that we are touting him around. He only has one year left on his contract. Marseille have been linked.

Ah! Thanks. Any idea what sort of fee he'll go for?