Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Latest is De Jong is going to accept a pay cut to stay at Barcalona. Player must be mad, pleading to poverty to him while buying everyone under the sun. I understand him wanting to play for the club desperately but that is really shabby treatment. Also hahahaha Man U.

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He's hardly pulled up trees there either. And with the emergence of Gavi and Pedri (and signing Kessie), he's not guaranteed to be starting every game.

After a slow start he was really good towards the end of the Koeman reign - doesn’t help when they continuity play Busquets ahead of him - he’s done nothing wrong to warrant the treatment he has received from Barca 

Fair play to him for having the balls to say no to a move and take a pay cut 

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He's hardly pulled up trees there either. And with the emergence of Gavi and Pedri (and signing Kessie), he's not guaranteed to be starting every game.

None of these 3 play in De Jongs position 

40 minutes ago, gbandit said:

You’re Polish right? If so, I imagine you’ve seen him play a lot. What are the best parts of his game?

A very technical and clever player who can pass and shoot with both feet. Wide range of passing and good at dribbling and working himself out of tight spaces. Good at carrying the ball up the field and likes to dictate the play, always tries to make something happen offensively. Best used in a midfield of three, so I'd see him slotting in perfectly along with Joelington and Bruno. We'd be devastating on the counter with Bruno/Zielinski providing the through balls and popping in outside the box.  Solid fitness record too, taken part in 36 league games on average over the past 6 seasons for Napoli.

A bit inconsistent and I'm not 100% sure of this endurance to play 90 minutes in the premier league, think he has been subbed off at some point in literally every Napoli game I've followed. Still been one of the best midfielders in the Seria A over the past few years and would be a huge upgrade over Shelvey.

Edited by Ridman

Not sure how this will all work out for Forest. Signing so many players in such a short space of time will piss off the players that got them up, plus you have to hope these new players can figure it out pretty fast.

Will be interesting to watch but I doubt it's the right way to go about it. The teams that have been most successful teams (to my knowledge) getting promoted and staying up basically keep 5/6 of their XI from Championship as their key players. Just Johnson probably for them? Huge risk they've taken.

Weren't a lot of the players that got them up loan signings?

They seem to have a pretty decent recruitment team because they are getting some decent players for really excellent value, which is great going for a team that just came up.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They seem to have a pretty decent recruitment team because they are getting some decent players for really excellent value, which is great going for a team that just came up.

I think 5? Could be wrong. To be honest I have no idea how many they've actually signed, but it must be at least a new XI.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah I think so. The key factor (apart from them actually staying up of course) will be how those contracts are drawn up. Will be surprised if they’ve managed to include a lot of incentives, but you’d have thought there would have to be some relegation clauses.

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Depends on your financial situation if you go straight back down and can't afford the wage bill you look pretty dumb 

The players they're signing seem to be of a good age and experience that they'll likely get some money back for them if they do go down

The only one not in that bracket is Lingard who is only there for a year

Yeah fair, I am not saying they are incurring disaster, but I would still be surprised if they aren't fighting relegation all season. If they succeed they may well be in a great place as squad gels.

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

Forest will crash and burn this season imo, trying to do to much to quickly bringing in new players on big wages which is a recipe for disaster.

Well like I said that all depends on the contracts. The fact that they just signed Lingard for one year suggests to me that they’re not stupid.

All they have to do is be better than three other sides.

15 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Depends on your financial situation if you go straight back down and can't afford the wage bill you look pretty dumb 

The financial situation of pretty much everybody coming up is always going to be the same though - certainly of the clubs who don’t have parachute payments.

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Again just not sure what people expected Forest to do. Go a whole season with Lewis Grabban up front and Jack Colback at left back?

There’s a balance to be had, they wage they reportedly have Henderson on is ridiculous and will just alienate the players that just grinded out promotion for them 

Edited by Nine