Other clubs' transfers

Greg

28 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

West Ham are making some impressive signings mind, just buying the players they want, no messing about. They look nailed on for at least 7th.

Will be interesting to see how good these players actually are as the season pans out though, as you would think we could have been in for a lot of the same players if we really wanted them.

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Fair play West Ham. Quality moves. Considering the disarray the club seemed in with the ownership not so long ago its been a wild turn around.

With the players they have brought in, I’d be delighted if we managed to get Soucek from them, I’m sure I read a few weeks ago he was told he could leave.. surely that could mean they’d accept a bid that would be within our budget.

Rice tends to get all the plaudits in that midfield, but Soucek has at least an equal part in that. He’s an excellent player and still only 27.

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

With the players they have brought in, I’d be delighted if we managed to get Soucek from them, I’m sure I read a few weeks ago he was told he could leave.. surely that could mean they’d accept a bid that would be within our budget.

Rice tends to get all the plaudits in that midfield, but Soucek has at least an equal part in that. He’s an excellent player and still only 27.

I'm a big Soucek fan, him and Joelinton with Bruno would be crazy.

18 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, he looked a wonderkid a few years back when he burst on the scene at 17 I think it was. Haven’t followed him at all since then though, did his career stall?

Got back on track at Lille. 

Price is due to him being in the last year of his contract.

Chuckwuemeka to Chelsea. 

weird. Agent been demanding over 100k a week for us for a player who has only ever looked out of place in his few PL appearances. He was also apparently demanding guaranteed starting time. 

totally against the ethos of our academy which seems to be doing very well (Ramsey brothers , Archer, Iroegbunam, various other very decent players) so we refused to budge. 

not sure where - except Vitesse Arnhem on loan - he’s getting playing time at Chelsea but hey ho, just glad he’s gone. 

20m for an unproven kid they could have had signed on a pre contract in January. Nuts. 

Looked at another way, £120m in income generated by selling two academy products in a year. 

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Chuckwuemeka to Chelsea. 

weird. Agent been demanding over 100k a week for us for a player who has only ever looked out of place in his few PL appearances. He was also apparently demanding guaranteed starting time. 

totally against the ethos of our academy which seems to be doing very well (Ramsey brothers , Archer, Iroegbunam, various other very decent players) so we refused to budge. 

not sure where - except Vitesse Arnhem on loan - he’s getting playing time at Chelsea but hey ho, just glad he’s gone. 

20m for an unproven kid they could have had signed on a pre contract in January. Nuts. 

Looked at another way, £120m in income generated by selling two academy products in a year. 

Didn't know you were getting £20mil for him,  that's mad

1 hour ago, BeloEmre said:

Guess a lot of clubs have them as second or third choices, just like Cornet.

Agree. They are as players as we are as a club. Things will fall into place as the window draws to a close. The last week/days will be busy.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Thought he supposed to be good?

Couldn’t resist the chance to play among the STARS (Hollywood, galaxy…works on two levels, I’ll see myself out now).

Not sure if there is a father, son who have made their mark on the PL like the Schmeichel's. Also makes me feel old. Grew up getting annoyed at the dad for his performances at United. Now the son is also leaving. 

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Dalot is good value at 4.5m but there are other options at that price.

Think Ben White is 4.5m more nailed. More consistent team. Less likely for attacking returns though.

If Ronaldo was going Martial would be automatic

I'm going Cancelo, TAA and 3 £4.5ms. Keep changing the 3 £4.5ms though.

3 hours ago, brummie said:

Chuckwuemeka to Chelsea. 

72 million on him and cucurella

The games gone