Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Because half of every football thread atm is him repeating the same points in a self important way over and over again. I don't see anyone else doing that and it's doing my head in. 

And point taken on ignore, but just because there is an ignore function doesn't mean people can expect to just post constant repetitive shite for others to read without any criticism for it. 

I hope Miggy has 2 motivating pictures up on his fridge to look at before he goes to train: that showpony cunt Grealish and TCD.

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Because half of every football thread atm is him repeating the same points in a self important way over and over again. I don't see anyone else doing that and it's doing my head in. 

And point taken on ignore, but just because there is an ignore function doesn't mean people can expect to just post constant repetitive shite for others to read without any criticism for it. 

To be fair he has said he's going through a difficult time and the transfer stuff is what's giving him a distraction. 

I think everyones gone a bit daft this transfer window. Years of not being that invested in transfers to suddenly having loads of optimism and refreshing like mad for any sort of rumour. No international tournament on over the summer hasn't helped either. Between Botman and the Maddison bid there's been nothing really so it's basically been the same arguements and conversations everyday on here. Alot of people including myself have contributed to 100s of pages of shite over the last few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Not sure signing Cucurella for that amount is much dafter than signing that kid from Villa for 20m like. At least Cucurella is proven in the league and has demonstrable quality. Chelsea really are a loathsome outfit like :lol:

Cucarella looks great but 1 season, 55M.  He looks like a good left back but is he better than Chilwell?  Surely they need to sign a striker first but hey have a lot of money to spend so I guess it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've noticed an interesting trend about assumptions people have about certain posters that I will keep to myself for now.

Please tell. I’m genuinely interested. 

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Cucarella looks great but 1 season, 55M.  He looks like a good left back but is he better than Chilwell?  Surely they need to sign a striker first but hey have a lot of money to spend so I guess it doesn't matter.

Oh yeah I mean I wasn't saying that paying 55m for him isn't insane, it is. Just that paying 20m for a kid from Villa is just as daft and more a general point on Chelsea being a completely cunty club that I was hoping would crash and burn this year.

37 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Oh yeah I mean I wasn't saying that paying 55m for him isn't insane, it is. Just that paying 20m for a kid from Villa is just as daft and more a general point on Chelsea being a completely cunty club that I was hoping would crash and burn this year.

I think the kid from Villa is the next big thing though. If it works out he could be one of England's leading stars and a bargain at that price. 

2 minutes ago, mosstef said:

One of my Villa supporting mates said he has the ego of Pogba but the skillset of Eric Djemba-Djemba.

What a damning assessment :lol:

It's honestly such a Chelsea thing to do, pinch another club's young/academy prospect (after he's made a handful of appearances) for stupid money, then they'll probably loan him out and let another club develop him further. Hate Chelsea with a passion.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've noticed an interesting trend about assumptions people have about certain posters that I will keep to myself for now.

[emoji38]

It was hilarious when that lad compared our young left-back to Olivier Bernard the other day. I come with interesting and valid points that add value to this forum man.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

You can't leave it there, come on, the cats half out the bag......you've started so come on, finish.

Cucurella is class to be fair, a proper modern full back and he will be class for Chelsea. He's also way better than Chillwell, who's injury prone anyway.

However the fee is absolutely outrageous. Brighton will reinvest that into 3 other players at some point. It's now the model of the smaller clubs to fleece the likes of Chelsea and use it to build themselves.

It's no surprise that Man City pulled out of a move mind. Jesus, that's a mind boggling sum for a left back.

11 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

What a damning assessment :lol:

It's honestly such a Chelsea thing to do, pinch another club's young/academy prospect (after he's made a handful of appearances) for stupid money, then they'll probably loan him out and let another club develop him further. Hate Chelsea with a passion.

To be fair, the last two years, our academy have been hoovering up good prospects from other academies so we can't moan.

Chuckwuemeka is a very promising player, but he's miles off being PL starter material, miles.

The problem isn't his skill or not, it is that there have been rumours about him being a bad influence in the academy for a while, and his agent has been hawking him around most of Europe this last year. The stories of wanting over 100k a week, which would totally fuck our pay structure, his agent demanding guaranteed starts (which he's going to get at FC Waffle or wherever they send him in Belgium tbf)

Compare him to, say, Jacob Ramsey (and his brother Aaron for that matter) who are incredibly promising players, same sort of age, great attitude and in the case of Jacob have absolutely produced the goods at the highest level (check out his goals from last season on youtube, for example, he only scores belters).

Good riddance and, really, £20m for a youth team player they could have a free-of-charge contract agreed with from Jan 1st?

21 minutes ago, brummie said:

To be fair, the last two years, our academy have been hoovering up good prospects from other academies so we can't moan.

Chuckwuemeka is a very promising player, but he's miles off being PL starter material, miles.

The problem isn't his skill or not, it is that there have been rumours about him being a bad influence in the academy for a while, and his agent has been hawking him around most of Europe this last year. The stories of wanting over 100k a week, which would totally fuck our pay structure, his agent demanding guaranteed starts (which he's going to get at FC Waffle or wherever they send him in Belgium tbf)

Compare him to, say, Jacob Ramsey (and his brother Aaron for that matter) who are incredibly promising players, same sort of age, great attitude and in the case of Jacob have absolutely produced the goods at the highest level (check out his goals from last season on youtube, for example, he only scores belters).

Good riddance and, really, £20m for a youth team player they could have a free-of-charge contract agreed with from Jan 1st?

Chelsea look really disjointed this season