Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

The debt was built up over many years, a big chunk before FFP, since FFP came in I assume the PL and UEFA must have been satisfied that Chelsea have accorded with their rules in terms of the amount of losses that can be covered each season by secure funding.

That secure funding can be provided in a variety of ways, including as debt or share issues.

I doubt the PL would apply the rules retrospectively to debt from prior to FFP or prevent clubs from transferring debt to a different form of secure funding.

Also, if for example the PL counts a debt a as secure funding covering losses one year and then counts it again when it is paid off that would be double counting.

The only way I can see that debt affects FFP is in terms of interest payments, but Abramovich's loan was interest free.

Although it's definitely not my area of expertise and I may well be completely wrong.

No I agree, just pointing out that the huge sum involved means that it wouldn’t really affect Chelsea’s spending this window either way.

29 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Not only are Chelsea spending £62m on Cucurella but it's seemingly to be the left centre-back in a three-man defence. Just seems a waste of his talents.

Surely he would only be a backup for that spot and primarily compete with Chilwell for LB?

Silva-Koulibaly-newCB/Azpi is what I reckon the back 3 will be

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I've got Roma in my pre-season bet to win Serie A. Long shot but they've recruited well with Gini, Dybala & Matic, plus have Mourinho.

Aye, they will have momentum too following their Cup win. 

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I've got Roma in my pre-season bet to win Serie A. Long shot but they've recruited well with Gini, Dybala & Matic, plus have Mourinho.

I put them to finish top 4 in my acca 

16 hours ago, LFEE said:

Ashley didn’t clear any debt. It was sold as part of the sale price? He never cleared any debt he just transferred to the club as an interest free loan.

I don't think any of the Ashley 'debt' would have anything to do with FFP as nearly all of it is infrastructure/stadium related, which is exempt as far as I know.