Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

He's only had one bad season. Season before last he was unreal. He just needs his confidence back to sort out the finishing. It's promising that he's getting into the positions. He should have had at least one today. 

Martial has been poor for two seasons. 

I think Martial is still shit and will prove that again this season. Preseason means nothing.

Know a few man u fans who think hes suddenly going to be great, I think they are going to be disappointed.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

He's only had one bad season. Season before last he was unreal. He just needs his confidence back to sort out the finishing. It's promising that he's getting into the positions. He should have had at least one today. 

Martial has been poor for two seasons. 

His numbers have been going down for two seasons now. Was he played more as a striker in 18-19 and 19-20 when he had a great non-penalty xG+xA per 90? Shots per 90 has gone down too after those seasons. He has never significantly outscored his xG either so I don’t think he has ever been that great finisher?

5A9D34DF-8CFA-4016-88E9-7B6F40CFA944.png

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

A 40m transfer between Wolves and Forest sounds insane. Am I behind the times? 

I don't think anyone can keep up to be honest with you mate :lol: All of the sudden Cucurella cost £60+m to a team that didn't need him and some Aston Villa youngster with like 3 PL games (who would have been free next summer) would have been our most expensive signing before Almiron. Market is absolutely fucking nuts man. 

10 hours ago, Pata said:

His numbers have been going down for two seasons now. Was he played more as a striker in 18-19 and 19-20 when he had a great non-penalty xG+xA per 90? Shots per 90 has gone down too after those seasons. He has never significantly outscored his xG either so I don’t think he has ever been that great finisher?

5A9D34DF-8CFA-4016-88E9-7B6F40CFA944.png

He has never been a good finisher. His pace and fitness allows him to get into great positions over the 90 mins which is why I would assume his expected goals is high, not that I'm a fan of that metric to measure players.

In 20/21 he scored 8 in 13 European games as well including 6 in 6 in the CL. He had an excellent season. Last season was an incredible drop off though.