Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Still not a single journalist writing an article on Chelsea and FFP? They were on the FFP watchlist after the summer window ffs

They’ve started handing out 7.5 year deals which helps. 

a 4 year deal, I would expect Mudryk to reject it.  But a 7.5 year deal at astronomical wages, I get it. 

1 hour ago, loki679 said:

It's a fucking nonsense that a club that's lost a quarter billion over the last two years can spunk another quarter billion (at least) on transfers.  It just shows that FFP is a load of utter shite.

Mudryk would take them to nearly half a billion in c.6 months

Just on Mudryk, the few times I’ve seen him he looks quality it has to be said.  But you’re still taking a risk signing a player from the Ukrainian top division regardless - Rebrov is the one who sticks out in my mind.  Even paying half his reputed fee would have been a risk - that figure is fucking insane.

And yes, the lad could end up being the world’s best player and what have you - but that still wouldn’t mean I’m wrong here.  Chelsea’s new owners are fucking insane, I can’t work out what they’re doing and what they think they will achieve.  Are they looking to simply lose shedloads of cash?  At least I can understand why Abramovich was doing it - what’s their motivation?

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Just on Mudryk, the few times I’ve seen him he looks quality it has to be said.  But you’re still taking a risk signing a player from the Ukrainian top division regardless - Rebrov is the one who sticks out in my mind.  Even paying half his reputed fee would have been a risk - that figure is fucking insane.

And yes, the lad could end up being the world’s best player and what have you - but that still wouldn’t mean I’m wrong here.  Chelsea’s new owners are fucking insane, I can’t work out what they’re doing and what they think they will achieve.  Are they looking to simply lose shedloads of cash?  At least I can understand why Abramovich was doing it - what’s their motivation?

image.thumb.jpeg.781b4883c716c1a17f4d1fc7c3055cd1.jpeg

4 hours ago, loki679 said:

It's a fucking nonsense that a club that's lost a quarter billion over the last two years can spunk another quarter billion (at least) on transfers.  It just shows that FFP is a load of utter shite.

It absolutely is bullshit. I’m not sure of the numbers but I think it’s only good for us. If Chelsea undermines FFP it will only help us in the future. 

If the authorities want FFP to be a thing they will have to punish any breach severely. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It absolutely is bullshit. I’m not sure of the numbers but I think it’s only good for us. If Chelsea undermines FFP it will only help us in the future. 

If the authorities want FFP to be a thing they will have to punish any breach severely. 

I still dont understand the "Fair" part of it, my understanding when they first brought it out was to stop dumb owners spending more money than they had and putting the clubs very existence into jeopardy. The current rules just maintains the status quo with the top clubs which makes it very difficult to catch up.

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

I still dont understand the "Fair" part of it, my understanding when they first brought it out was to stop dumb owners spending more money than they had and putting the clubs very existence into jeopardy. The current rules just maintains the status quo with the top clubs which makes it very difficult to catch up.

It’s not fair and it never was. It’s just the name to sell to the idiots. 

and in case you haven’t noticed, the public absolutely hate footballers and how much they get paid for bizarre reason. 

18 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

:yao:

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Reminds me a bit of when Spurs knew they were going to be selling Bale for a colossal sum and they started splashing the cash.

The difference I suppose is that they pretty much knew they were going to sell Bale whereas Chelsea are going to have to seek buyers.

I’d image that a fair few of those players are on insane wages— beyond the means of a well-run club. With Everton and Villa hitting FFP they’re running out of domestic clubs that can afford to buy their castoffs. I’d hope Nufc is smart enough to steer clear. There’s not much value for the money, and no reason to help them out in any way.

15 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Reminds me a bit of when Spurs knew they were going to be selling Bale for a colossal sum and they started splashing the cash.

The difference I suppose is that they pretty much knew they were going to sell Bale whereas Chelsea are going to have to seek buyers.

I don’t think they will have any issue selling players tbh.