Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 hours ago, jack j said:

Always thought villa fans never liked Angel when he played for them...might be rewriting history here but sure he got a canny bit grief

He was very popular and still is - he was "our" signing after the pressure on Ellis to get the money out.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Scored that absolutely filthy shitpinger in the LC final against Dirty Leeds, too.

My cousin is a Villa fan, remember him being dead excited about him when you signed him. Shoot & Match magazines bigged him up massively. My cousin was also adamant he was going to play in a bandana. Never forgiven him for that.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

My cousin is a Villa fan, remember him being dead excited about him when you signed him. Shoot & Match magazines bigged him up massively. My cousin was also adamant he was going to play in a bandana. Never forgiven him for that.

One of the chants we had for him was 'Boom boom Savo!' which as it was about or just after the time of the Yugoslavian war, wasn't very tactful.

I think he's a manager now.

Just now, brummie said:

One of the chants we had for him was 'Boom boom Savo!' which as it was about or just after the time of the Yugoslavian war, wasn't very tactful.

I think he's a manager now.

Disappointed by such a bland post-playing career, fancied he’d be up to all sorts.

Don’t know whether I’d had too much cheese the other night and was dreaming it but pretty certain that Susan Calman cruising programme had Sasa Ilic, nemesis of penalty chump and Castletown piss rat Mickey Gray, running a B&B in Macedonia.

Edit: Glad to say I wasn’t tripping:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7776152/sasa-ilic-charlton-monte-bay-retreat/amp/

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Disappointed by such a bland post-playing career, fancied he’d be up to all sorts.

Don’t know whether I’d had too much cheese the other night and was dreaming it but pretty certain that Susan Calman cruising programme had Sasa Ilic, nemesis of penalty chump and Castletown piss rat Mickey Gray, running a B&B in Macedonia.

Edit: Glad to say I wasn’t tripping:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7776152/sasa-ilic-charlton-monte-bay-retreat/amp/

Had to look him up- got him confused with Sasa Curcic for a moment!

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

My main hope for other clubs before the end of the window is that no one takes Chelsea loanees off their hands without rinsing Chelsea in the process

Would be interested to see their current 25 man squad list and how their new signings are going to slot in. Obviously Broja looks fucked for the season but surely they’re out of headroom now.

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

Supertoon you’re keeping this thread alive with all the updates, well done mate. Better than the BBC, we only need to check this thread to see what’s going on.

Yeah, for sure, @SUPERTOON. Good stuff man :thup: