Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:
6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Massively in the minority I'm assuming but I don't rate Gallagher at all.

Nah, I'm the same. Don't see it at all.

I don't think he's impressed in the bits I've seen of them this season but it's more just the 'Chelsea cast-off' thing for me that puts me off. Would far prefer to sign from beneath than from above (I know, they're lower than us in the table, but you know what I mean). Just don't love the idea of us doing business with any of that lot tbh, in whichever direction. Fuck em.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Kept Ashby out of the squad. That would leave West Ham with one right back.

Getting real 'we tried' vibes out of Everton. The fact they needed the £40m from us up front says a lot about their current situation.

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Financial Fair Play is a joke. 

We should just go all out now. 

From a football perspective, Chelsea's plan seems totally incoherent and haphazard.

It does feel like they're viewing players as investments i.e. we'll secure this asset for ten years, if it rises in value great, if it starts to dip we'll cut our lasses sharpish.

High risk though. Tying players down to incredibly long contracts might be a way to circumvent FFP, but if you fail to qualify for the Champions League a couple of times in a row, or if you can't shift your academy assets for adequate prices, or a decent number of the players you have purchased turn out to be duds, you're a bit fucked debt wise.

34 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Financial Fair Play is a joke. 

We should just go all out now. 

Some of you want to be Chelsea so bad man.

No we should not just go all out now. My goodness. No desire to be run like that tacky club thanks. Goodness sake.

Not every player but contract insecurity and short career are a massive motivating factor for a lot of players. Feels like that will be a real factor for Chelsea. Surely gonna make it ridiculously hard to sell if any of these turn out to be shit - why would I go elsewhere on a 4 year deal when I still have 7 years on my contract? 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Massively in the minority I'm assuming but I don't rate Gallagher at all.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Nah, I'm the same. Don't see it at all. 

Ditto. Don’t get me wrong I think he’s got a spot on attitude and clearly hungry which are great traits to have but I think he tailed off at Palace after a good start despite the hype and he’s probably trying too hard currently at Chelsea running around a bit headless. Still even beyond that I wasn’t impressed with his decision making or positioning.

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yeah very small sample size but Gallagher hasn’t looked particularly good any time I’ve seen him. 

Yes I should’ve added I’ve only seen him half a dozen times to be fair to the lad.