Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I know it sounds silly but I'l think I'd genuinely be disappointed if it was us bidding £105m+ for Enzo Fernandez. 

Prices are just getting crazy. Even the Gordon price leaves me feeling there is better value out there for less.

Perhaps it's cus I'm a frugal person generally but I just think finding players and developing them into high value assets is more enjoyable than paying ridiculous sums for players other clubs spotted first less that 12 months earlier for a fraction of their price. Enzo and Caicedo perfect examples. 

33 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Chelsea guy has come in and gone all American sports on the transfers to get what he wants

This is the opposite of what American sports are like, much harder to buy success compared to football. Even baseball tries to limit spending and other major leagues have wage caps.

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

So how are Chelsea able to spend all this money? Whats the deal? Are there any decent articles/videos about it?

From what I can make of it it's due to giving their new players absurdly long contracts which lowers the transfer fee over the future seasons. Also they had their debt wiped clean when sold. 

Takes the piss but they found a massive loophole with FFP hence why its being changed so soon. 

Edited by Scotty66

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

This is the opposite of what American sports are like, much harder to buy success compared to football. Even baseball tries to limit spending and other major leagues have wage caps.

Really?, I always thought it was money, money, money with the stories of massive congrats etc, happy to be corrected 👍 

Since the Boehly takeover, if the Enzo deal goes ahead, Chelsea have:

- spent £600.4m on 18 players 

- spent £373.1m more than the second largest spenders, Man Utd

- spent just £5m less than the whole of the Bundesliga

- recouped just £49m on player sales

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

And still haven’t got a centre forward until Summer 🙂

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

So we've started from 18-19th 18 months ago, spent less than these two in the same time, yet are ahead of both. :lol:

Yet we're the ones buying our way to success.

There's just going to be no consistency at Chelsea with the team selection. 

If you play well and keep your place they'll have talented players on the bench earning mega money on long contracts who's morale is in the mud. When those players are given a chance there are immediately under pressure to put in 8/10 performances. 

If they do, the same happens to the player who was playing before them. 

That just isn't a recipe to build a "winning team" 

Edited by Scotty66

46 minutes ago, Emotic said:

This one time I wish Brighton would deviate from their “If a player wants to leave, we won’t stand in his way” philosophy. Caicedo was the Bissouma replacement, and Bissouma only left in the summer ffs.

Caicedo was already in house.

They will have a line of other players they have already scouted that they can go and bring in, and that's if they don't already have another gem there that we just don't know about yet.

They just knocked Liverpool out of the cup without Caicedo and looked great doing it.

Brighton are winning. They are only agreeing to sell when the bids reach exceptional highs. They are going to end up building up that club exceptionally with all of this money and once they start getting into Europe they'll not need to sell like they do now, as they will start paying higher wages etc.

Edited by KaKa

27 minutes ago, Pata said:

:clap: Parity is the name of the game in American sports.

19 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Really?, I always thought it was money, money, money with the stories of massive congrats etc, happy to be corrected 👍 

Top players make a lot of money as the franchises are loaded and the leagues are money making machines. For example Mahomes in NFL signed that half a billion contract but that means the Chiefs can't spend that money on other players in their team. Brighton would be ace in American sports. :lol:

Come on other clubs, don't give Chelsea daft money for their reserve players so they can continue this ridiculous spending spree. Gallagher had a good first six months of his loan spell at Palace last season, absolutely no need to spend 40m on him now. He'll be available for much less than that in the summer when he can't even get on the bench any more. 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

:clap: Parity is the name of the game in American sports.

The interesting thing is that these clubs spending so much on established players at the smaller clubs is building those clubs infrastructures more and allowing them to go out into the continent and spend smartly, using their much improved scouting and recruitment setups, and come back even stronger.

Parity is coming about that way now in the Premier League. Going to be less about just buying better players going forward.