Other clubs' transfers

Greg

30 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I didn’t realise Man U had signed Sabitzer! That’s potentially a cracking signing. Hope he’s still not up to speed by the final. 

Aye- loan until end of the season with no option. The player doesn’t get in the team much in Germany? Man Utd were offered Isco, Saul, Carrasco, Aouar, and wanted to sign Gravenberch but he didn’t want to leave, according to Sky

41 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I didn’t realise Man U had signed Sabitzer! That’s potentially a cracking signing. Hope he’s still not up to speed by the final. 

I think he and Weghorst are two mediocre signings for them.

From what I read, his plan is massive investment initially and then switch the focus to youth development. I understand this is what he does in baseball. 

Calculated risks along the way, he must feel as though it’s a free option if the glazers are asking 5b for Man United. 

as ive said before. His goal isn’t to make profits on an annual basis, it’s to increase the value of the club so he can make a profit upon sale or even increase the valuation and then leverage the club. 

Really like a lot of Chelsea's signings. They're betting the house that transfer fees continue to go up (hence spend big now), but I reckon it will pay off.  They'll also recoup a fair whack on Lukaku, Havertz, Sterling, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi etc. Definitely a method to the madness.

7 minutes ago, Bada Bing said:

Really like a lot of Chelsea's signings. They're betting the house that transfer fees continue to go up (hence spend big now), but I reckon it will pay off.  They'll also recoup a fair whack on Lukaku, Havertz, Sterling, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi etc. Definitely a method to the madness.

Lukaku has been awful this season, I'm not sure who will be willing to pay his wages & a big fee for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up leaving on a free in the summer just so they can cut his wages, other than that maybe a loan to Turkey or something along those lines, he'll be 30 by the end of this season.

I'm not sure who's going to be willing to pay a big fee for Sterling either, they'll absolutely take a big drop on the £50M that they paid for him last summer. Havertz seems like it has loan to Bayern Munich written allover it & Hudson-Odoi is on massive wages for what he's currently offering, he's not been that great at Leverkusen. I think they'll struggle to recoup a lot in transfer fees it's going to be mainly loans and getting wages off their books.

Colwill, Chalobah & Gallagher or the ones who will have some value in a transfer, it wouldn't totally shock me if they started looking at letting Reece James go. He could command a huge fee and obviously with his HG status it helps their FFP massively, Gusto has been brought in for a reason. Would Man City look at James as a long term Walker replacement.

Edited by KDT

1 minute ago, KDT said:

Lukaku has been awful this season, I'm not sure who will be willing to pay his wages & a big fee for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up leaving on a free in the summer just so they can cut his wages, other than that maybe a loan to Turkey or something along those lines, he'll be 30 by the end of this season.

I'm not sure who's going to be willing to pay a big fee for Sterling either, they'll absolutely take a big drop on the £50M that they paid for him last summer. Havertz seems like it has loan to Bayern Munich written allover it & Hudson-Odoi is on massive wages for what he's currently offering, he's not been that great at Leverkusen. I think they'll struggle to recoup a lot in transfer fees it's going to be mainly loans and getting wages off their books.

Yeah you might be right, tbf I've not kept tabs on how they've performed recently. I think shifting those on big wages will be their priority given the upcoming wage to turnover rules. Transfer fees can be absorbed relatively easily for a club like Chelsea with big annual revenues.

I forgot that part of the condition of sale for Chelsea was that a specified amount of cash had to be spent on the team. Wonder how much of that figure they have left for the next window? 

edit- and if there was a contractual timescale for the spending? 

Edited by Manxst

17 minutes ago, Bada Bing said:

I think people like the signings because they are decent on FM!

However, looking at what they've done, I'm not sure what kind of side they are building, and how it is all going to come together. 

They have a lot of athletic widemen that will want to run with the ball, but their CM and AM positions seem to lack players that can control a game and open up teams. Enzo is probably the only one that has some of that to his game.

Not ideal for a Potter side. Think they will struggle to play the kind of football he has typically been known for.