Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I don't get Grealish. I stopped watching football when he was a bit of a waster, come back few years later he's suddenly worth £100m. I reckon he'll get bored and flop, he's pretty daft and doesn't seem like he's that bothered about football.

29 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I don't get Grealish. I stopped watching football when he was a bit of a waster, come back few years later he's suddenly worth £100m. I reckon he'll get bored and flop, he's pretty daft and doesn't seem like he's that bothered about football.

:clap: 

This.

Grealish seems to be such a love him or hate him player. I think he's a good player, but not worth anywhere near £100m (and wouldn't have him starting for England), and I don't even really see what hole they are trying to fill by buying him? They've already got Foden doing brilliantly in that left attacking slot that Grealish favours. Seems like they are just flexing their muscles by getting him. 

1 hour ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I don’t see that at all. He made a big call at international level when he was a kid basically. Stayed loyal to a Villa side that were basically us or worse for quite a while and improved as a player and built up his physique to cope with top level as he was a real skinny lad a few years ago.

Is he worth a 100m? No idea, but being the most fouled player in the league consistently tells it’s own story.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I dont even think Grealish is the player City need, tbh. Think the could be buying a better, more suited, cheaper player rather easily. 

Callum Wilson or Ollie Watkins would be a better signing for them

I’m not sure what to make of Grealish. I think he’s a good player that people have gone increasingly mental about over the summer. Sometimes the longer we go without watching someone the better they get. At the Euros you would think we had Ronaldinho on the bench the way people were talking. Guardiola will improve him as a player, but the standard at that club is will he be world class, and I doubt that.

I also think Man City could get just as good abroad for a lot less money, but then money doesn’t matter to these clubs so why even debate whether he’s worth the fee? He could cost another £50m and it wouldn’t make them sweat.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’m not sure what to make of Grealish. I think he’s a good player that people have gone increasingly mental about over the summer. Sometimes the longer we go without watching someone the better they get. At the Euros you would think we had Ronaldinho on the bench the way people were talking. Guardiola will improve him as a player, but the standard at that club is will he be world class, and I doubt that.

I also think Man City could get just as good abroad for a lot less money, but then money doesn’t matter to these clubs so why even debate whether he’s worth the fee? He could cost another £50m and it wouldn’t make them sweat.

I think he’s great personally, a real throwback player who is a magnate for the ball and is so classy on it, he’s the nearest thing to Gazza I’ve seen. If he goes to City and doesn’t have his on field football personality and flair knocked out of him, he will grow and grow into an even greater player. Our own Saint-Maximin is very similar, a player who when on the ball is a bit of a maverick who can do whatever they like basically and change a game, go past players for fun and excite. Give me more of those players than the archetypical identikit type robotic players who seem to be manufactured the most.

Guest HTT II
12 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I dont even think Grealish is the player City need, tbh. Think the could be buying a better, more suited, cheaper player rather easily. 

You could argue they don’t need Sterling or whoever, but he will give them something they don’t have and that’s what they are paying for, that something extra special which he possesses. Like when we bought Asprilla, did we need him? No, but he gave us something extra, you could argue we didn’t need Shearer either because we had Sir Les, but Shearer with Ferdinand gave us something no-one else had at the time. I think he’ll be a hit there.

13 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I mean yeah, literally none of that post makes any sense.

Exactly. Not sure what people are talking about; Grealish is definitely a world class talent. 100m may perhaps be a bit steep but you always end up paying 25% more when buying from (loaded) PL teams.

Completely agree with Mandoon, he’s a sensational footballer who can adeptly play in a number of positions (from a third CM to anywhere behind a striker). He is elite and the kind of player Pep loves.

Genuinely can’t think of a better player (in quality or style) that they could have gone for, that would have been significantly cheaper tbh.

13 hours ago, brummie said:

Man City want to buy Grealish because they can and they need to show everyone they can. 

People who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. 

Tuchel has scared the shit out him. Couldn’t break them down in the FA Cup semi final or Champions League final. 

I used to watch Gazza when he was coming through with you when I lived up there, and watching Grealish these last few years has been exactly like watching Gazza was.

I always remember Gascoigne in his early Newcastle days, head back, chest out, arrogantly playing with such swagger, he stood out a mile. I got exactly the same feeling watching Grealish come through.

12 minutes ago, brummie said:

I used to watch Gazza when he was coming through with you when I lived up there, and watching Grealish these last few years has been exactly like watching Gazza was.

I always remember Gascoigne in his early Newcastle days, head back, chest out, arrogantly playing with such swagger, he stood out a mile. I got exactly the same feeling watching Grealish come through.

I like Grealish, but I'm not sure Gazza makes it in a Man City team I'm afraid. 

Obviously he could go several different directions, but I'm not convinced it's a home run of a signing.

To me it just seems like a vanity signing / a signing to avoid him going somewhere else. 

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

I like Grealish, but I'm not sure Gazza makes it in a Man City team I'm afraid. 

Obviously he could go several different directions, but I'm not convinced it's a home run of a signing.

To me it just seems like a vanity signing / a signing to avoid him going somewhere else. 

Nah, I’m not so sure Man City are that type of club buying players to keep them away from another club and you don’t spend that kind of money to do that. And Gazza would make any team in his prime, talent and ability like that are too essential to any team and Grealish will add loads to Man City, again if they don’t knock his footballing personality and flair out of him.