Other clubs' transfers

Greg

24 minutes ago, Nobody said:

That's how pretty much every transfer is structured (except Newcastle) , but we never talk about them like that. You've bought him for £73m or whatever it was, no need to pretend anything else. 

You never talk about them like because it ruins the smaller clubs narrative that £100m is going here there and everywhere. 

The house comparison is dumb but at the same time it just helps prove my point that the "ESL clubs" are hardly ruining football splashing out £100m+ on players this summer. They're paying it off in installments because they can't afford it outright, the same reason people get a mortgage. 

We've signed Sancho in a deal worth £73m, sure, but the fact still remains we've only spent £14.6m this summer. 

Just now, Nobody said:

The house comparison is spot on you numpty :lol:

So the super rich clubs you give off about can be compared to a common man buying a house since he can't afford it outright? 

Happy days then. Why all the whining? 

In terms of what you're spending, fucking hell. You keep living in your own little world where you've not spent anything this summer, conveniently ignoring all of the previous signings you've made. 

Just now, Nobody said:

In terms of what you're spending, fucking hell. You keep living in your own little world where you've not spent anything this summer, conveniently ignoring all of the previous signings you've made. 

We are literally talking about this summer. That's how the entire thing started. :facepalm:

Just now, Froggy said:

We are literally talking about this summer. That's how the entire thing started. :facepalm:

But if you're doing your version of counting you need to add up all your previous signings that toy haven't paid everything on yet. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

You never talk about them like because it ruins the smaller clubs narrative that £100m is going here there and everywhere. 

The house comparison is dumb but at the same time it just helps prove my point that the "ESL clubs" are hardly ruining football splashing out £100m+ on players this summer. They're paying it off in installments because they can't afford it outright, the same reason people get a mortgage. 

We've signed Sancho in a deal worth £73m, sure, but the fact still remains we've only spent £14.6m this summer. 

Can only re-emphasize what others have said that if you "count" it like that, you've got to consider all other installments due this year for players like Beek, Diallo, Telles, Maguire, Fernandes, Bissaka, James, Fred & Dalot brought in the 4 previous seasons as well. 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Man United fans going big to be Balance Sheet Champions this year it seems.

They can fuck off that’s ours for keeps.

33 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Froggy had a bit of a mare here

Not at all. I merely responded to the notion that the ESL clubs are spending silly money this summer. They're not. 

Nobody mentioned anything about previous transfer windows so it's completely irrelevant. 

No matter what way you look at it, Man United have spent £14.6m on new transfers this summer. That's nothing but a cold, hard fact. 

We can reassess at the end of the window. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Not at all. I merely responded to the notion that the ESL clubs are spending silly money this summer. They're not. 

Nobody mentioned anything about previous transfer windows so it's completely irrelevant. 

No matter what way you look at it, Man United have spent £14.6m on new transfers this summer. That's nothing but a cold, hard fact. 

People are speaking in terms of standard football terminology you fucking mook, not the incoming/outgoings of your fucking current account. What a stupid fucking conversation.

Just now, SEMTEX said:

People are speaking in terms of standard football terminology you fucking mook, not the incoming/outgoings of your fucking current account. What a stupid fucking conversation.

I agree. Incredibly stupid. I am comfortable that I have only spoken to the truth though.

Continue on kids. 

I think people are also making the point that Man Utd have spent more than £14.6m because if we’re talking instalments then you need to include instalments due on previous transfers that got paid this summer. For example if we were to have this conversation next summer you’d have to include another £14.6m for Sancho because it’s an outgoing transfer fee.

In terms of spend you’re right in that £14.6m has left the club for Sancho this year but it’s just a complicated way to look at spending because you’d have to see what else left the club for players with previous commitments. The best way to look at it probably it to say what debt you’ve taken on. Like when you buy a car on finance your financial records will put you in debt for the whole amount straight away and the payment plan doesn’t matter unless you miss payments.

Edited by Decky

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Better get Dortmund told when they come looking for 54m for nothing.

Also hide behind the curtains when Madrid come looking for Varane cash.

7 hours ago, Kimbo said:

I don’t understand the situation at Arsenal. I was under the impression they’ve been making a loss in recent years, and that their owner is tight and uninterested. But after covid and another year of no CL football they’re spending big.

All they need to do is pay for players in Installments and sell Willock to us for £20m. Now they have a positive net spend. 

9 hours ago, Jaqen said:

All they need to do is pay for players in Installments and sell Willock to us for £20m. Now they have a positive net spend. 

:thup: This is correct, for this summer. Well done.

How much did Man Utd pay out this summer for previous transfer instalments? You have to include those fees. If you don’t include that then Sancho cost £14.6m because you’re not gonna include it next year either.