Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Griezemann back to Atleti.

What a waste of money that transfer was for Barca.

Just noticed a tweet... 

Barcelona gave Atletico €86m, Luis Suarez, the league title and Antoine Griezmann in exchange for Antoine Griezmann. 

:lol:

Edited by Froggy

Guest neesy111

Atletico did waste that money on Joao Felix mind, not been a successful transfer so far.

Edited by neesy111

44 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Atletico did waste that money on Joao Felix mind, not been a successful transfer so far.

Not sure Atletico was the right club for him. Him and Lemar are not suited to that style of play IMO. 

Man, we were surely broke.

Let me see, if everybody's fit I guess we'll run out with:

Ter Stegen

Dest  García  Piqué  Alba

Busquets

Pedri                 De Jong

Dembelé      Agüero     Depay

But the squad is paper thin.

We aren't competing for anything this season, but if the wheels don't come off we should still have enough for a Top 4 finish in Spain.

That said, we do have a crop of exciting young players so that gives me some hope for the future. Pity we lost Moriba, though. Him, Pedri, and De Jong would have sorted our midfield for the decade.

16 minutes ago, Decky said:

Are yous not completely fucked with debt though? Surely they will be cashing in on players, including young players coming through, for years to sort themselves out?

We've cut a *massive* amount of our wage bill this season (close to €200m, will see when the official figures are released by La Liga), will see if it's enough.

Guest neesy111
8 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Not sure Atletico was the right club for him. Him and Lemar are not suited to that style of play IMO. 

Lemar was much better last season for them.

I just realized that now that we've flipped Emerson, all our transfer expense this season is the 500k loan fee for Demir. Everything else (Agüero, García, Depay, etc...) all free transfers. And we've lost half our goal haul from last year in Messi and Griezmann.

This is the worst transfer window in living memory, but I guess that's how things are after the Bartomeu mismanagement and Covid.

Edited by Village Idiot

2 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

Man, we were surely broke.

Let me see, if everybody's fit I guess we'll run out with:

Ter Stegen

Dest  García  Piqué  Alba

Busquets

Pedri                 De Jong

Dembelé      Agüero     Depay

But the squad is paper thin.

Fati? 

2 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The good thing with Barcelona is that they have a proper academy so even if you merge some of the youngsters with the more experienced players the team is still going to be able to win games and compete for titles.

True - next season they should see the emergence of Collardo, Gavi and Balde - they have a really good crop of players at youth level currently so they can dip into pool 

Griezemann was on 46m a year apparently - think I read each season his salary goes up, they had to sell him 

had they offloaded Coutinho. Umtiti and Pjanic it would have been a “successful” window in terms of massively reducing the debt 

5 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Without a doubt, but he had a very problematic recovery from his knee injury. Let's see how he comes back...

Really hope he comes back strong, looked a great prospect before that injury. 

8 hours ago, Kanji said:

Had the takeover happened we’d have absolutely cleaned up this window. 

Fuck off Masters, Hoffman, the league and MA and his cronies. 

Football can get fucked for good. 

If it would have gone through around the time it originally was announced then absolutely. And I'm not talking us getting Messi or Ronaldo or anything. But I believe we'd have gotten Rafa back (or someone else of quality) and he would've brought in real quality this window. We'd be looking towards the top 6/8 for sure. Instead, here we are.

10 hours ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Do people think Tottenham should have sold Kane for £100m? I'm surprised they didn't cash out tbh. Unless they are hoping for a stormer of a season and get that price/more next year. But he'll be 29 by then.

Strikes me as the kind of player you keep until the wheels fall off, rather than sell at max profit.

Edited by Tomato Deuce