Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I rate Ferran highly, one of my favorite type of players. Seems cheap, that price for how good he is.

I wonder if in the short term they play him as a 9 with Depay and a fully fit Fati in the wide position? 

44 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Surprised City have agreed.

Ok, they've not needed to replace Aguero. But lasting til the summer without Ferran too is risky.

(yes he's been injured a while but surely the second half of the season will punish this)

They know what they are doing. Clearing a path for someone like Kane to come in.

On 10/12/2021 at 15:26, HTT II said:

It’s just not happened for him at Man Utd after a promising start, they’ve had problems at various times with the form and fitness of all their forwards over the past years. Martial like Rashford has to play CF and be the main man, if they are shunted wide or withdrawn to accommodate other players the likes of him are going to struggle for form and consistency. 

Late reply but Rashford is an absolute atrocious centre forward and is far better out wide. Rashford scored 21 goals and got 15 assists from out wide last season under Ole. People seem to ignore those numbers which are world class.

Martial is much better as a centre forward but doesn't have the killer instinct to score poachers goals. Somewhere like Marseille is his level now. 

5 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

In the summer, aye. Risky now with such a close title race.

But they'll probably find a way to be fine.

City are going to romp it. Especially if AFCON goes ahead. Even better this year than I thought they'd be.

Edited by Froggy

Our issue (short term, long term we have lots of other problems) is essentially La Liga's FFP rules. We are over the wage cap and we can't register new players unless we free up wages. So I'm guessing the Ferran Torres signing is contingent on us getting rid of people. Coutinho would be ideal, but we'll see what market he has, he's been abysmal this season. There's talk of selling Dest, and while he's not been great, our other only natural RB is Dani Alves...

We also have an issue where people like Nico or Gavi have very low contracts (Gavi is on 100k/season!) with very low release fees. We need to resign them before somebody else comes in and buys them. But that will also eat into our wage cap.

Edited by Village Idiot

23 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Our issue (short term, long term we have lots of other problems) is essentially La Liga's FFP rules. We are over the wage cap and we can't register new players unless we free up wages. So I'm guessing the Ferran Torres signing is contingent on us getting rid of people. Coutinho would be ideal, but we'll see what market he has, he's been abysmal this season. There's talk of selling Dest, and while he's not been great, our other only natural RB is Dani Alves...

We also have an issue where people like Nico or Gavi have very low contracts (Gavi is on 100k/season!) with very low release fees. We need to resign them before somebody else comes in and buys them. But that will also eat into our wage cap.

If you sign Torres and renew Dembelle how much wage budget would you need to free up?

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

If you sign Torres and renew Dembelle how much wage budget would you need to free up?

If Dembele resigns he's expected to do it for roughly the same amount he's earning now, so not much change there.

Regarding Torres, the quick answer is, since we are over the cap, we have to clear 4 times Torres' wages before we can register him. We have already cleared Agüero's salary (6 mil). And I know in some cases you can do 2-to-1 instead of 4-to-1. Securing extra revenue (player sales or sponsorships) would also count. The rules are a bit arcane, tbf. 

Edited by Village Idiot

6 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Bizarre sale from Man City, I’m assuming he pushed for a move back to Spain because otherwise it makes no sense to me.

Pretty sure apart from a key couple City are happy to offload players if they’re not happy as they believe, usually rightly, they’ll be able to replace them fairly easily. 

1 hour ago, Thiago said:

City also have the eyes of the world at their disposal. Got chatting to someone fairly high up at one of their clubs and basically they are as close to mapping the whole world as any club. 

I’ve always wanted us to buy Newcastle United in Australia