Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Leicester must be in a bit of trouble financially, Vardy has been linked with Man U now, so that's potentially 4 of their best players moving on, there must be rumours in the football circles so the vultures are circling. I also read over the weekend that Rodgers could potentially walk after the transfer window closes.

He has made a few veiled we need to sign someone public pleas and nothing but rumours of people going out. I would be worried were I a leceister fan if the money taps are being closed up. They invested so heavily in academy i can't see the owners buggering off but maybe they're planning to? On the other hand Rodgers may have been told need to sell to buy at start of season and then he has refused to sell anyone. Were I their owner I would be running out of patience with Rodgers regardless by now.

In fact I suspect that Rodgers has been told he has to sell to buy, he also knows owner is losing patience with him and he is likely to get the sack regardless in next few months as senses the squad isn't improving and so thought best for his own reputation if he makes a deal in public over no signings, refuse to sell anyone, and then walk at end of transfer window. He looks like he's walked away from a club that failed to match his ambition rather than sacked for not living up to it.

Edited by Tiresias

It’s definitely weird, not that I don’t rate him, just that Chelsea already have a lot of good to great players in attacking positions, some of which are at the same development stage as Gordon. Chelsea are just a fucking mental club 

Just now, gbandit said:

It’s definitely weird, not that I don’t rate him, just that Chelsea already have a lot of good to great players in attacking positions, some of which are at the same development stage as Gordon. Chelsea are just a fucking mental club 

Should help us in trying to land Pulisic or CHO at least 

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Gordon has been pictured in London, weird transfer to Chelsea if it’s true 

Wouldn’t say it’s weird. He’s young, very quick, English and a tireless presser. Probably not averse to playing a bit-part too.

Seems like a sensible transfer despite their embarrassment of riches in his position. This Should help us in nabbing either CHO or Pulisic though, which is a bonus.

Edited by McCormick

22 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He’s more suitable to Tuchel’s play style than CHO though.

4 hours ago, Ben said:

Leicester must be in a bit of trouble financially, Vardy has been linked with Man U now, so that's potentially 4 of their best players moving on, there must be rumours in the football circles so the vultures are circling. I also read over the weekend that Rodgers could potentially walk after the transfer window closes.

Can’t see 4 of them moving ….and we definitely won’t buy one of their players 

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Brighton have fantastic scouts / transfer infrastructure 

They have been unbelievable over the last few years , including this window 

They will be in the top 10 this year and for a club that size thats fantastic 

Moved the ball much quicker than us and pressed us very well.

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Saw Batshuayi at Heathrow a few weeks back, he was casually walking around fully dressed in Chelsea training gear and nobody paid attention to him. I had to think for a second or two to remember his name tbh [emoji38]