Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

Frustrating to see our Champions League buzz quickly turn into a realisation that it's probably a one-off because everyone is getting much better.

We're going to win the Europa League and be in Pot 1 so chill out.

12 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Frustrating to see our Champions League buzz quickly turn into a realisation that it's probably a one-off because everyone is getting much better.

Jesus, I thought I was a miserable twat.

The transfer window literally doesn't even actually open until next week ffs.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

Source for that is Indy Kalia isn't it?

Nah, couple of local Liverpool "journos".

Wouldn't be at all surprising though, they've been talking to him and Thuram's reps for a while.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Nor Bellingham. Remember that Liverpool are firmly on plan B with less money than they anticipated.

Didn’t get Bruno - he wanted CL football 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

If Liverpool sign Mac Allister, Thurame and Kone, they will have pretty much replaced their entire midfield.

Think with us is we can kind of match off Thuram and Kone with Willock - Longstaff and Big Joe - it’s the creative element of the 6 and 8 we need 

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Nah, couple of local Liverpool "journos".

Wouldn't be at all surprising though, they've been talking to him and Thuram's reps for a while.

Which one? Outside of Joyce, Pearce, Bascombe (sometimes), and Neil Jones (sometimes) - I wouldn't recommend any other sources. The midfielders on our radar, according to the reliable ones, are - Thuram & Kone (in touch with both of their agents and clubs), Gravenberch (player interested and we are interested, but Bayern don't want to sell), Lavia and Veiga (admiring from afar but no contact yet). 

39 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Which one? Outside of Joyce, Pearce, Bascombe (sometimes), and Neil Jones (sometimes) - I wouldn't recommend any other sources. The midfielders on our radar, according to the reliable ones, are - Thuram & Kone (in touch with both of their agents and clubs), Gravenberch (player interested and we are interested, but Bayern don't want to sell), Lavia and Veiga (admiring from afar but no contact yet). 

Fair. Do you think you're in for another two?

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair. Do you think you're in for another two?

One week ago, my guess would have been Mac Allister plus one midfielder. But given the links to so many midfielders, we might buy two more. LFC usually doesn't have this level of "information" leaked about Thuram and Kone unless we are serious about both. We are losing Ox, Keita, and Milner. Thiago leaves in a year. Hendo and Fabinho cannot play more than one game per week at a decent level. Carvalho will be leaving on loan. Bajcetic and Jones should get more games this year. The other outlier is Harvey Elliott, who is not a traditional Klopp midfielder and has been overtaken by Curtis Jones in the squad preference list in the second half of the season. If we buy two more midfielders, I wouldn't be surprised if Thiago is allowed to leave (Barca is interested) this year. 

We are also linked to several central defenders who can play fullback if needed. Matip will most likely be allowed to leave this summer, as it looks like we are committing to TAA playing an inverted fullback/CM formation. There is a limited role for Matip in that formation, and his contract is up next year anyways.