Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Pretty inevitable that he'll be sacked shortly after we bring someone else in. Don't think the return is meant to be. 

Like someone said earlier, throw £5m at Everton tonight and Rafa will be free to talk to us tomorrow morning. It just depends on whether the consortium want to go in that direction or not. I think if he was free from the start or still here then its a very easy decision, but I also think now they've done their own work on looking for a manager they may have been swayed by other candidates and Rafa isn't their No1 now. 

I really thought he would win them over but its looking very unlikely now. We cannot afford to wait the next few games to see if he gets the boot. Our new manager needs to be in the stands against Brighton.

Just now, Slim said:

Will the press be kicking off at the treatment of Rafa like they did with Bruce? 

When it comes to managers like Rafa the press lead the charge with the abuse. They were slamming him when we got promoted for being too defensive against Man City, says it all. 

Mind, that ego on him thinking he could turn Everton fans around. They are every inch mackem like in their rabid hatred for their rivals, it just simply wasn’t going to work. Ever. I say that quite easily with our perceived issues with Bruce and his ties with Sunderland, which in reality was doing to him being one of the worst top flight managers in 100 years. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Aye it’s not good, it’s  no win for him imo 

It’s not, I said that on here before the season even started that I didn’t think it would end well, I will be very surprised if he’s still manager next season. 

6 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Don’t think Rafa would break his contract though sadly. We need Everton to make the decision for him by sacking him.

I’ve seen some unbelievable, inspiring and amazing things in my life but seeing Rafael Benitez Maudes placing his spectacles into his blazer pocket in the home dug out at SJP again would top the fucking lot. 

Him putting the spectacles in a blue blazer isn't as nice as putting one in a black one.

I'd worry how many here would buy back in, considering the reports many we thankful for Bruce, even if they wanted a happy medium by the end. A moot point as he can ship out and bring his own players in. 

Could be problematic from now to January if he did return if there are too many. A bunch will have a right sulk on. They will be ones first out the door regardless of who the new manager is though. Pretty much those on most people's list of who to keep will buckle down and welcome him with open arms. 

Rafa back at this cloob would be unreal.

I’d worry it wouldn’t work, but it’d still be unreal.

Imagine him walking in and seeing the likes of Shelvey and Dummett man. Two players he tried to bin two and a half years ago are still kicking a football for us.

Agree with others, they’ll bin him shortly after we bring someone in.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Rafa back at this cloob would be unreal.

I’d worry it wouldn’t work, but it’d still be unreal.

Imagine him walking in and seeing the likes of Shelvey and Dummett man. Two players he tried to bin two and a half years ago are still kicking a football for us.

Agree with others, they’ll bin him shortly after we bring someone in.

Rafa loved Dummett however - a limited defensive full back was one thing he liked having around, good for balance

Edited by James