Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

John Stones and Ross Barkley... yeah good players and all but really? That’s who he’s bring in to solve our woes?

Pure bullshit that article. He’s currently busy planning a pre season in China.

I’d love to have him back but one, he doesn’t break contracts.. not for us and not for Liverpool either. If he agrees to do something he will do it, as his seeing out the contract under Mike Ashley has shown. And two, I think there’s more to the link with Poch to be honest. Not terrible either btw.

We know for sure that he would improve on Bruce but if it didn’t really click then we could always go back for Rafa in 2 years time.

I’m fairly sure his next job will be his last job, what a way to end his career by building something special here.

John Stones and Ross Barkley... yeah good players and all but really? That’s who he’s bring in to solve our woes?

I’d love to have him back but one, he doesn’t break contracts.. not for us and not for Liverpool either. If he agrees to do something he will do it, as his seeing out the contract under Mike Ashley has shown. And two, I think there’s more to the link with Poch to be honest. Not terrible either btw.

We know for sure that he would improve on Bruce but if it didn’t really click then we could always go back for Rafa in 2 years time.

I’m fairly sure his next job will be his last job, what a way to end his career by building something special here.

It won’t be he said he’s going to coach for another 10 years and into his 70’s.

I think he’ll go onto manage Spain or England when he’s in his late 60’s said he wants to manage a national team at the end of his career not while he still wants to be on the training pitch/coach players all the time.

A whole decade left for Rafa he’ll end up being the Spanish Sir Bobby :smitten:

It won’t be he said he’s going to coach for another 10 years and into his 70’s.

I think he’ll go onto manage Spain or England when he’s in his late 60’s said he wants to manage a national team at the end of his career not while he still wants to be on the training pitch/coach players all the time.

A whole decade left for Rafa he’ll end up being the Spanish Sir Bobby :smitten:

Hope he doesn’t manage Engurland like, the way the media have treated him is a joke.

I want Steve Bruce to get the job to see how highly everyone rates him when they’re lumbered with him....

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa would make a top defender out of Stones and Barkley has talent but needs to play every week and needs coaching a lot in order to be moulded into a better player, one with a defined role, position and game which he lacks right now. He, like Stones, have the ability, skill set and footballing attributes needed to be a top and successful player, which they both are anyway.

Under Rafa, I’d be delighted with such signings. Let’s face it these are players at big clubs already who have won titles and who would walk into our team, players with lots of potential still and the type of players if we are to become a top team in the near future, will help us get there quicker and more likelier than if we bought bigger Ickes type players here for the money.

They would be to us what signing Duff was to Chelsea rather than what he was to us when we signed him. Proper players, with talent and room to improve at te right age and possibly the right price and right time for the start of a whole new era at the club aiming to eventually win titles and compete for European honours.

They are no Lascelles or Shelvey of course, admittedly, but...

I keep reading people turning their noses up at Stones and Barkley 😂

They’d improve us massively. We’ve needed a midfielder like Barkley for years. I think some people are getting carried away with this whole “richest club in the league” thing. It isn’t going to be like how it was with Chelsea/City at the beginning. From a starting point if we brought in those two players with Rafa as a coach that is an incredible statement of intent.

Guest chopey

If Rafa does return he will need replacements for Perez and Rondon, I dont think Joelinton is the answer.

If Rafa does return he will need replacements for Perez and Rondon, I dont think Joelinton is the answer.

With a big spending budget, Rafa might not think Perez and Rondon are the answer either.

If you don’t think the answer is Rafa then you clearly don’t understand the question

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/takeover-a-man-for-all-seasons/

Rafa coming back would just be the icing on the cake for me. Hardly watched a game since he left, and to be replaced by Bruce was a pure insult to the fans.

Can't see this takeover not happening now, but by any chance it doesn't I know I can walk away from football forever.

Come home Rafa

Rafa for me also. The guy was the catalyst for Amanda watching that game years back.

He put up with so much shit during his tenure. I feel it's only right he gets the first crack at it.

The guy just oozes class and reminds me so much of Sir Bobby in the way he demands respect for the club and the fans.

Football wise, I'm sure it would improve if he got to replace the likes of Joselu with proven quality.

We were just starting to click towards the end of last season and first team wise, we were only 3/4 signings from top 6 in my eyes.

Let's get him and his team back and restart the project. :drool:

If not, Poch will do :)