Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Away Toon said:

I vote that we ban everything from Twatter being posted on here.

Actually wouldn’t say no to this as the amount of shit that comes from there with not only NUFC related stuff, but within all walks of life is unreal. I’ve never seen a social media platform with so many people, who fully demonstrate why we have so many issues with the world in general. The fact that the people responsible for managing the platform consistently refuse to remove at times (far too many) disgusting shit which can be seen by so many is totally wrong and deplorable. We then have multitude of people commenting with their own nasty shit and it’s very rare I see any post which has reasoned and constructive discussion or replies without some needing to have their abusive thoughts, quite often with something that often doesn’t even effect them in the slightest. Very rarely bother with Twitter now for that very reason. I know it’s a common theme with all the social media platforms, but in my experience Twitter is beyond any of the others with the showcasing of nastiness and hate by people, who often hide behind alias accounts. It’s time the world governments stepped in to force the platforms to stop this from happening. The issue is constantly highlighted every day and has lead to people (no victims), experiencing severe depression and actual suicidal tendencies as a direct result This is totally unacceptable and frankly totally disgusting.  Rant over - sorry 

On 04/06/2021 at 14:45, nbthree3 said:

"The prospective new owners want Benitez, Newcastle fans would want him back, but everyone else seems to have turned their backs on him." 

That's fine by me! 

It's just a bit lazy reporting to fit the narrative. He may have been contacted and has said he isn't currently available. Maybe that's the romantic in me but it's not crazy to believe he could be waiting for what would be the mother of all projects.

Sure he can have a year off after a bumper China pay day!

Edited by Hhtoon

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Actually wouldn’t say no to this as the amount of shit that comes from there with not only NUFC related stuff, but within all walks of life is unreal. I’ve never seen a social media platform with so many people, who fully demonstrate why we have so many issues with the world in general. The fact that the people responsible for managing the platform consistently refuse to remove at times (far too many) disgusting shit which can be seen by so many is totally wrong and deplorable. We then have multitude of people commenting with their own nasty shit and it’s very rare I see any post which has reasoned and constructive discussion or replies without some needing to have their abusive thoughts, quite often with something that often doesn’t even effect them in the slightest. Very rarely bother with Twitter now for that very reason. I know it’s a common theme with all the social media platforms, but in my experience Twitter is beyond any of the others with the showcasing of nastiness and hate by people, who often hide behind alias accounts. It’s time the world governments stepped in to force the platforms to stop this from happening. The issue is constantly highlighted every day and has lead to people (no victims), experiencing severe depression and actual suicidal tendencies as a direct result This is totally unacceptable and frankly totally disgusting.  Rant over - sorry 

Twitter is an echo chamber of bad takes. Where discourse goes to die.

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Much as I love Rafa and consider him a genius, I do question as to why he would rather live in England than Spain. 

His kids are English. (I think).

Or if not, brought up in England.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

2 minutes ago, ED209 said:

I think that when he was up here he used to live in the village I live in. I didn’t live here then though. 

:dowiespin:

9 minutes ago, ED209 said:

I think that when he was up here he used to live in the village I live in. I didn’t live here then though. 

Must have been a top secret village then. 

1 hour ago, ED209 said:

I was under the impression he had a Ken in Jesmond. 

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

I think he lived somewhere around Jesmond Dene Road as would see him quite often on my morning constitutional.

Do like to hear about random spottings like. I remember the summer we went down, spotted the great man randomly standing outside of a car with one of his coaches (all kitted up in his shorts too) just off the coast road at Wallsend roundabout. Had my daughter in the car too, and said look it's Rafa! I slowed down so she could give him a massive wave. He smiled and waved right back at her. Made her day it did (and mine). Was such a random place to see him like. It was actually the day we signed Diame and Clark, so wonder if they were meeting up with them to take them up to the training ground maybe as it isn't far. Doubt he had a flat above the chippy.

Anyone else got a spotting story of the main man?

Edited by reefatoon