Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok I'll bite.

Big money signings are garbage -

He didn't have any big money, any signings he made were made on a shoestring budget and were about 6th or 7th on his wanted list. 

Football played under him was dreadful - What choice did he have? Attack teams with a championship squad or sit tight, organized and play counter attacking football, it may have been dreadful but it worked and you knew we were in safe hands and very unlikely to get a hiding against man city etc every time we played them. 

You wouldn't want him back here? Does that mean you prefer Bruce? 

15 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Ok I'll bite.

Big money signings are garbage -

He didn't have any big money, any signings he made were made on a shoestring budget and were about 6th or 7th on his wanted list. 

Football played under him was dreadful - What choice did he have? Attack teams with a championship squad or sit tight, organized and play counter attacking football, it may have been dreadful but it worked and you knew we were in safe hands and very unlikely to get a hiding against man city etc every time we played them. 

You wouldn't want him back here? Does that mean you prefer Bruce? 

I don’t prefer either of them. 
Two games that immediately spring to mind, both at home. Bottom of the table Fulham, one up front. Man City, Shelvey passed the ball to their keeper from the kick off. 
No need to “bite”, not after an argument, just putting my point forward. 
I go on a bus with the same 50odd folk home and away, and pretty much everyone is of the same opinion as me?

15 minutes ago, Collingwood Street said:

Two games that immediately spring to mind, both at home. Bottom of the table Fulham, one up front. Man City, Shelvey passed the ball to their keeper from the kick off. 
I go on a bus with the same 50odd folk home and away, and pretty much everyone is of the same opinion as me?

I highly doubt you could have summed up the majority of our fanbase any better if you tried.

55 minutes ago, Collingwood Street said:

I go on a bus with 50 odd folk to away games and they’d think you’re talking shit!

I hope you’re well, Crumpy!

Edited by Paully

1 hour ago, Collingwood Street said:

Odd being the right word 

That Fulham game in 2018/19 was shit, Everton wasn't though. Or Huddersfield, Burnley, Southampton. Liverpool in spite of us losing the game. Man City. The Man City game in 2017/18 he's referring to was when they were on a run of 19 wins in 20, we'd won 1 in of the last 10 and were a newly promoted side yet we almost got a result because of how we played. 

Hope that bus gans off the road.

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Yep, deffo tubes like.

If you post on not606, you’ll know who I am. Been on there for Twelve years, mostly decent folk, this place seems to have a high percentage of arseholes.

Ive only been on here a week and I’ve been accused of being about six different folk. 

3 minutes ago, Collingwood Street said:

If you post on not606, you’ll know who I am. Been on there for Twelve years, mostly decent folk, this place seems to have a high percentage of arseholes.

Ive only been on here a week and I’ve been accused of being about six different folk. 

Don’t think there are too many arseholes on here, just folk who don’t put up with shit takes or WUMs 

IMO opinion different forums have different vibes and if it doesn't suit you then it's probably best to reduce your attendance or pack in altogether posting, cos I'll garentee you one thing .........not one person on here will change

3 minutes ago, Collingwood Street said:

Muto? Sels? There’s £15m

And he got rid of Toney, Armstrong and Mbabu. 

Muto was bought for what £8mil? How many good strikers do you get for that money these days?

People who bring up Muto forget that Rafa identified Rondon who we were all underwhelmed about and he turned out to be brilliant. And it was only a loan

For every Sels you get a Dubravka. Every Joselu a Rondon. At least half our starting squad is based on that Championship winning team of 2016/17 which is 4 full seasons ago - of course it's hit or miss when you work in the bargain basement