Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

IMO opinion different forums have different vibes and if it doesn't suit you then it's probably best to reduce your attendance or pack in altogether posting, cos I'll garentee you one thing .........not one person on here will change

That’s fair enough, it’s what boards are for. I won’t change my opinion either. I can hardly reduce my attendance, I’ve only made 12 posts [emoji38]

They weren’t even his top targets 

He had to scrape about at the bottom of some very shit barrels.

But then everyone with half a brain knows that don’t they

2 minutes ago, Collingwood Street said:

That’s fair enough, it’s what boards are for. I won’t change my opinion either. I can hardly reduce my attendance, I’ve only made 12 posts [emoji38]

I'm just speaking from experience, in my other form I took things far to seriously and said a lot of things (mostly pissed on a weekend) that I regretted but was to stubborn to say so, a few months break did the trick for me and a new attitude of reading context before posting, you need to have an opinion though.

59 minutes ago, Collingwood Street said:

If you post on not606, you’ll know who I am. Been on there for Twelve years, mostly decent folk, this place seems to have a high percentage of arseholes.

Ive only been on here a week and I’ve been accused of being about six different folk. 

Looks like that percentage has gone up a bit.

Big money signings 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Collingwood Street said:

Muto? Sels? There’s £15m

And he got rid of Toney, Armstrong and Mbabu. 

And signed Rondon, Schar, Almiron, Fernandez...all managers make signing that don't work.

The glaring hole in your argument is Rafa could never buy a player he really wanted, either the buying price or the wages the club would offer wouldn't be enough. So he would shop in lower price markets, which means you will be buying players who might not be a hit. Alternately he'll sign a good player for peanuts like Schar.

Your reasoning is flawed because Rafa had so many restrictions to his transfers, surely you can see that ?

Edited by Bimpy474

2 hours ago, Collingwood Street said:

I don’t prefer either of them. 
Two games that immediately spring to mind, both at home. Bottom of the table Fulham, one up front. Man City, Shelvey passed the ball to their keeper from the kick off. 
No need to “bite”, not after an argument, just putting my point forward. 
I go on a bus with the same 50odd folk home and away, and pretty much everyone is of the same opinion as me?

Is that bus yellow? (Yes, I'm also one of the arse holes)

1 hour ago, Collingwood Street said:

Muto? Sels? There’s £15m

And he got rid of Toney, Armstrong and Mbabu. 

Don't know about Muto, but I can tell you for an absolute fact that Sels wasn't identified by Rafa, which is why he binned him from the first team so quickly. 

Rafa doesn't get enough recognition, forget enough any recognition outside of Newcastle, for creating a top quality premier league central defense squad which can play the ball as well as defend on ground and in air for like one tenth or one fifth of Pep Guardiola's annual central defender spending. 

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

What do you expect when someone makes nonsense points?

He's 12 posts young. A little restraint in the RTG style accusing, too much? 

It's not exactly nonsense either on the points about Rafas transfers. The man himself said he'd be happy with a 50% success rate and some of the players he let leave are miles ahead of the ones we have here so is always going to spark that debate now and then.

Overall I disagree with him, think Rafa went way over his own 50% success rate though letting players go like Tony, Armstrong and Mbabu still stings and I disagreed with them at the time as 8t was far too early to call time on all of them (I'm saying the same about woodman now)

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's not exactly nonsense either on the points about Rafas transfers. The man himself said he'd be happy with a 50% success rate and some of the players he let leave are miles ahead of the ones we have here so is always going to spark that debate now and then.

Overall I disagree with him, think Rafa went way over his own 50% success rate though letting players go like Tony, Armstrong and Mbabu still stings and I disagreed with them at the time as 8t was far too early to call time on all of them (I'm saying the same about woodman now)

He literally said the place was full of arseholes, not sure what he expected?

As for the players he let go, none of them have proven themselves as PL players as yet, so it's a bit early to talk about mistakes being made. Also, to claim Rafa spent 'big money' is pretty fucking ridiculous as we were buying well below PL average prices at all times.

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

He literally said the place was full of arseholes, not sure what he expected?

As for the players he let go, none of them have proven themselves as PL players as yet, so it's a bit early to talk about mistakes being made. Also, to claim Rafa spent 'big money' is pretty fucking ridiculous as we were buying well below PL average prices at all times.

The place is full of arseholes. :lol: Few less (still here but wound their necks in) since the king of arseholes left (twice) but still a few ready to give someone a hammering to make themselves feel better. More about points scoring than actual discussion and when you are a new member with an opinion which goes against the grain it's a hard birth in to this place. If you stay you've got to grey out those colourful opinions, that's a shame as nothing new is ever said and why you get threads on repeat.

Don't think Mbabu has anything to prove but fair point on the others.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

The place is full of arseholes. :lol: Few less (still here but wound their necks in) since the king of arseholes left (twice) but still a few ready to give someone a hammering to make themselves feel better. More about points scoring than actual discussion and when you are a new member with an opinion which goes against the grain it's a hard birth in to this place. If you stay you've got to grey out those colourful opinions, that's a shame as nothing new is ever said and why you get threads on repeat.

Don't think Mbabu has anything to prove but fair point on the others.

You can spot a cunt re-gen a mile off. Hence why he's already got a ban. 

27 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I usually agree, but in his second or third post, he questioned my loyalty because I said   if the takeover didn’t happen I wouldn’t be watching Ashley’s/Bruce’s club this year. Then he tried to have another dig again when I told him I didn’t give a fuck what his opinion was. I’ve just ignored his posts after that to be honest.

The Rafa aruguments have been done to death here - including by myself.

But to re-iterate - he did indeed oversee some poor games but things improved. And they continued improving as the stats (which have all been posted previously) showed.

Releasing Toney, Armstrong and Mbabu were for understandable reasons at the time. Its only with the benefit of hindsight you can say 'wish we'd kept so and so'. The reasons why each of those players were released has been discussed at length including Mbabu's lifestyle.

How many younguns have Man City or Chelsea let go who have done well elsewhere?

36 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

The "Bruce has done just as well as Rafa" argument falls down when you compare the net spend of the two.

You shouldn't be allowed to watch football if you mention those two in the same breath! So many metrics - the main one for me is Rafa took over a team full of gutless cowards who didn't care and who were going down. Bruce inherited a mid-table PL team with a solid defence who had played some wonderful football during the last five months of the. season. Rafa talked us up and banged on about our potential and lauded the fans - Bruce is happy with 17th, has constant digs at our fans and is a complete Ashley arse-licker!

Edited by Paully

I mean I haven’t been here long and I’m not going to defend this new guy’s behaviour, but I do feel like you have to following certain narratives on here, whether it’s about Rafa, Bruce or other things like politics, or you’re in line for a hammering. It wouldn’t be fun if everyone agreed and nobody should expect you to. 

I often like to take a different position for balance because while I’m a huge fan of what Rafa did on and off the pitch, it almost feels like he’s beyond criticism from Newcastle fans and he’s always got an excuse to hide behind regarding investment etc. Controversially I sometimes defend Bruce also, but that’s more because I don’t think the investment argument is that simple when you look at the players both managers have had despite the difference in amount spent. Bruce is still an idiot of course. 

Edited by St. Maximin