Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Realised when the lineup was coming out that I didn't really care who had been picked. Quite a nice feeling :lol:

Absolutely.

I've always thought that we do better against better sides too. We just rise to the occasion rather than when we're expected to win.

Realised when the lineup was coming out that I didn't really care who had been picked. Quite a nice feeling :lol:

I didn't realise it but I was exactly the same. If that's not total trust I don't know what is.

What a f***ing manager he is. Pretty much any other manager in the league, even the good ones, would have struggled to avoid the atmosphere, the (justified) negativity, affecting the team. He has clearly no matter what has been going on, compartmentalised the fury he must feel at being lied to and got on with the daily hard work of preparing the team, protected them from ever feeling worried he may be leaving and above that got them playing as confident as they ever have. and then he had to be away for a week ill and still didn't disrupt his in depth preparation.

I also pretty much love our bench options too. So rare to have a squad I'm excited to see and not just a select few first team ones.

When we scored the second goal Rafa wasn't even looking he was too busy giving Shelvey instructions as he was about to come on he is just so good

So in our last two games we've beaten two teams that have held Spurs and Manchester Utd to draws. Maaaaaan, this Rafa kid is sure is something! :yao:

Seriously doubt we'd have lost to Spurs had we kept 11 men, and I fully believe we'd have gotten something from Huddersfield with that momentum too.

So in our last two games we've beaten two teams that have held Spurs and Manchester Utd to draws. Maaaaaan, this Rafa kid is sure is something! :yao:

Seriously doubt we'd have lost to Spurs had we kept 11 men, and I fully believe we'd have gotten something from Huddersfield with that momentum too.

Yeah I agree, especially about Spurs.

Guest Howaythetoon

Before Shelvey acted a prick, I thought we were well on course to get a point at home to Spurs which would have been a great result in fairness. We were fucking awful away to Huddersfield though, as poor as we've been in a long time.