Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

What did he say?

Rafa always causes problems wherever he goes, he likes to get the fans to turn against the board, he always has an agenda, loves the drama and never thinks he’s in the wrong. Granted it was never a good fit at Everton, but what an ass 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

If Howe carries on as he is and doesn’t get a tune out of these players between now and the end of the season. Then Rafa might be offered the job to get us back up. Only way I see him coming back here. 

Only way he should imo. Knew this would happen on here. As soon as a bad run comes along then it'll be 'ohhh get Rafa back', even though he's not been great in management since he was at us ~3 years ago.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Only way he should imo. Knew this would happen on here. As soon as a bad run comes along then it'll be 'ohhh get Rafa back', even though he's not been great in management since he was at us ~3 years ago.

It would have been nice to have a good run first tbf 

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

It would have been nice to have a good run first tbf 

Take a step back and look at the games in isolation. Otherwise we really are the deluded bell ends who turn on managers that the media portray us to be.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Take a step back and look at the games in isolation. Otherwise we really are the deluded bell ends who turn on managers that the media portray us to be.

You can see from space that the results, individually, have been shit. 

Bad run??? We have won 1 game under him, can’t defend for toffee, can’t hold onto a lead and look like conceding every time the team we play attacks us. At least under Rafa we were well drilled and organised and didn’t look like conceding goals at every turn. 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Bad run??? We have won 1 game under him, can’t defend for toffee, can’t hold onto a lead and look like conceding every time the team we play attacks us. At least under Rafa we were well drilled and organised and didn’t look like conceding goals at every turn. 

We've had 2 and half years of (non existent) Bruce coaching. A guy who sold Lejeune to give Clark more playing time. The inability to hold leads has been a staple since June 2020, its not new nor is it something that can be fixed in 10 games; 3 of which were against the two Manchester clubs and Liverpool. 

Now I'm not defending Howe for these results btw, just trying to lend some perspective before people go "oOoOh GeT rAfA bAcK". Given how he's been doing with a squad far ahead of ours, I'm not so sure. Still love the bloke btw, not trying to rewrite history here.

We've had 2 and half years of (non existent) Bruce coaching. A guy who sold Lejeune to give Clark more playing time. The inability to hold leads has been a staple since June 2020, its not new nor is it something that can be fixed in 10 games; 3 of which were against the two Manchester clubs and Liverpool. 

Now I'm not defending Howe for these results btw, just trying to lend some perspective before people go "oOoOh GeT rAfA bAcK". Given how he's been doing with a squad far ahead of ours, I'm not so sure. Still love the bloke btw, not trying to rewrite history here.

Howe has been insistent on playing Clark too like.

Fairly convinced he’s only out of the team at the moment because he’s got Covid.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Easy to forget that we were poor under Rafa in his last season until he had a fit, competent front 3 to work with. Don't think he'd make much difference now considering what's available.

He'd also absolutely hate Maxi.

Not sure where he goes from here, tbh. He does feel a bit finished? 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Howe has been insistent on playing Clark too like.

Fairly convinced he’s only out of the team at the moment because he’s got Covid.

He's played Clark in 3 out of his 10 games. Only reason that's been amplified is because of the errors he's made.

He's played Clark in 3 out of his 10 games. Only reason that's been amplified is because of the errors he's made.

Sounds much worse when you say he’s played Clark in 3 out of the 5 games he’s been available for.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Sounds much worse when you say he’s played Clark in 3 out of the 5 games he’s been available for.

6. Not that that's saying much. Benitez continues to play Rondon at Everton. All managers at Man Utd play McFred seemingly. Probably because there's no one else? Especially for us as Bruce was happy to sell Lejeune without replacing him?

16 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If your a bad team you concentrate on defending first, keeping things tight and then nick 1 nil wins, this is something Howe is incapable of, what did he say to Mandy, “ the team is under performing and should be higher in the table” well he clearly also can’t get a tune of of them because has had 10 games now and has 1 win in those 10 games he’s played Norwich, Brentford, Burnley, Watford, Cambridge at home and Leicester and who we beat last season away, those games you should be coming away with 12 points minimum and we have taken 6, granted we got a point from ManU that was unexpected but again a game we should have won and failed to defend properly. 
anyway it’s immaterial any way because Mandy’s not going to sack him, so it’s just speculation about Rafa .

Edited by nufcnick

13 minutes ago, thomas said:

anyone wanting rafa back is an unhinged lunatic and it's not up for discussion

Why do people use such extreme language at times for simply having a different opinion in football. :lol:

13 minutes ago, hakka said:

Why do people use such extreme language at times for simply having a different opinion in football. :lol:

Opinions are not inherently valuable or deserve respect.

If I have the opinion Chris Wood is better than Shearer I should receive pushback for having a dysfunctional brain.

In a similar manner, yearning for the return of rafa is not an inspirational viewpoint and I refuse to entertain it as meaningful. I love the man for what he did here but a return would be horrible.

Also I'm usually hyperbolic for the sake of levity, sometimes that doesn't come across.

Edited by thomas

Just now, thomas said:

If I have the opinion Chris Wood is better than Shearer I should receive pushback for having a dysfunctional brain.

In a similar manner, yearning for the return of rafa is not an inspirational viewpoint and I refuse to entertain it as meaningful. I love the man for what he did here but it's a horrible prospect.

It's about respecting other people actually. You don't have to claim they are extremely mentally unwell for having a different opinion on Rafa than you.

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

In a similar manner, yearning for the return of rafa is not an inspirational viewpoint and I refuse to entertain it as meaningful. I love the man for what he did here but a return would be horrible.

Also I'm usually hyperbolic for the sake of levity, sometimes that doesn't come across.

Levity did come across there tbh.