Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We constantly go on about other fans/pundits etc telling us whats right for our club and then we do the exact same [emoji38]

Fair enough they weren't the most welcoming but even with their squad issues he's not doing a great job. They're local derby are one of the best teams on the planet and they obviously want to try and complete with them, Rafa doesn't look the manager for that.

As much as I loved him here I really didn't want him back after the takeover.

Neither did I, but I still think he's a good manager, just joined the wrong club. Actually, I don't think the fans of any top club will be happy with that type of football any more, Mourinho is also not fashionable any more for the same reason. 

41 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Never thought I'd say this about Rafa but we need him there to have more chance of beating them 

Not sure this works like. He’s coached most of our players and knows their weaknesses. 

Rafa needed the right club and Everton certainly isn't/wasn't it. I still stand by him being a world class manager, but he was always on a hiding to nothing going there, the fans were never going to give him a chance. I think he needs somewhere he can go into where the fans accept him, where he's able to bring in his coaching team and change things to how he wants to run them. I'd have loved him to be the one to take us into the new era, but I think everyone's moved on now, myself included (as much as that's a surprise to myself to admit!)

24 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I think he's going to regret the Everton/Newcastle decision for a long old while. 

Yep.

He could have had it all here. I genuinely don’t know what his next job will be. He won’t retire, but I just can’t see him getting a decent gig in England again.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Neither did I, but I still think he's a good manager, just joined the wrong club. Actually, I don't think the fans of any top club will be happy with that type of football any more, Mourinho is also not fashionable any more for the same reason. 

I think you're right about the type of football but I think it's old fashioned and gets found out quite easily these days, this is why both Mourinho and Rafa struggle nowadays (in my opinion).

In hindsight probably should have worked things out with Ashley one way or another

I think had the situation been different at Everton he would be doing better but I can't imagine by very much. Everton are rotten when a manager superior to Rafa finished midtable last season with them. Tells you everything you need to know.