Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest reefatoon

He only wants an £80m budget. That's nowt in these days man. :lol: Why's it so difficult, just give the man what he wants Ashley you fucking cunt.

Exactly. This should have all been sorted the day after the season finished, so everyone could settle down and look forward. But no, it will drag on and drag on, causing problems and delays through the preseason.

Our players adore him, our fans adore him and the feeling is mutual. He sees all the potential in this club, he sees what we can be and we're on the way to achieving it.

He's a smart guy too, he knows all this. Not going to chuck it away for West fucking Ham and the Dildo Brothers :lol: :lol:

Don't think Rafa will leave. The only way I can see it happen is if he is sacked, if a club offers a big compensation and Ashley says he should talk to them, or if his contract comes to an end.

I genuinely think he is going to go to bat for us and try his best to move the club forward because he actually cares, and it's more than just a management job to him. Rafa is a fighter and in a way I think he is motivated by the challenge of trying to get Ashley to but into what he is trying to achieve.

Even trying to look at it from a Mike Ashley perspective, not giving Rafa control over transfers doesn't make sense to me. Ashley decides the size of the transfer/salary budget, why not make sure it's used in the best way possible businesswise?

For those using their owners as a reason as to why he wouldn't go there (which is amazing in itself with our twat of an owner!)........

“I have a lot of respect for West Ham because, when I was in contact with them, they were really good and professional,” while Sullivan said: “Rafa Benitez was within three hours of signing for us.

“Every clause in his contract was agreed and then he went to Real Madrid. It was a real blow because he is a really experienced manager in England and did really well in Italy.

“We had an agreement in place but you have to pick yourself up, look who else is available and pick the best you can.”

He only wants an £80m budget. That's nowt in these days man. :lol: Why's it so difficult, just give the man what he wants Ashley you fucking cunt.

Exactly. This should have all been sorted the day after the season finished, so everyone could settle down and look forward. But no, it will drag on and drag on, causing problems and delays through the preseason.

The problem is it can't ever just be about the amount of the budget. Being unable to do deals is just as much of a problem. Tammy Abraham got away because we couldn't work the fax machine.

The problem is it can't ever just be about the amount of the budget. Being unable to do deals is just as much of a problem. Tammy Abraham got away because we couldn't work the fax machine.

This is the crux of the matter, the size of the budget means nothing if you have someone like Charnley/Bishop employed to put up obstacles.

But instead Mike fucks off on holiday having said nowt but a half arsed congratulations though the media.

Absolute prick.

FWIW, some West Ham fans think its the club putting stories in the press claiming they're after Rafa for an ever so similar "we tried" thing to pull. Just like stories came out of Everton after Koeman went that Simeone was "on their list". They ended up with Fat Sam.

The "Cockney Evening Standard" is the WORST Local Paper in the entire UK. I lived down there for years, and it makes the Newcastle Chronicle look like the 'Times' in comparison !!

Don't (ever) believe a word written in it.

Has Rafa ever left a job of his own accord?

Rafa has a lot of integrity man. It's a major reason he is so loved and respected by fans.

I think if he departs it won't be this way. Think he will fight to do the best he can in the interest of the club in these negotiations he is currently having. He has a great connection with the fans and his current group of players. i just can't see him leaving that so suddenly.

If he ultimately leaves it will be at the end of next season having not managed to agree on a new contract for whatever reason.