Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest chopey

I'm going to enjoy this season from the comfort of my armchair and watch Sports Direct United crumble before my very eyes hopefully then he'll get rid and we can start again.

Yep 100% totally and utterly, unmitigatedly done with NUFC in its current guise, there is no bounds to Ashley's disregard, disrespect and devaluing of NUFC. His vindictiveness has no scale, only when/if there is a take over could I possibly come back.

Some people glad to see the back of him anyway  :idiot2:

That blokes an utter bell end and likely a Sunderland fan

I actually read through his timeline because that's what I thought buy no, he's a Newcastle fan. There's plenty more like him out there as well!

Can't sleep, fuming.

Fuck everything.

This hurts but brighter days hopefully will come, one day. Be strong mate. I’m feeling down in the dumps myself. I really loved everything Rafa stood for on and off pitch.

Just reading back through the carnage, and have seen that Anthony Hudson is one of the big rumors.

Fuck me dead, as a New Zealander he is probably the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

On the flipside, that bar is very low and is set at "he never cost us a Confederations Cup spot or blew a World Cup qualification campaign by losing to Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands" like his predecessors.  The rest of his CV consists of getting sacked by a Conference Team, a MLS team and Harry Redknapp saying some nice things about him a decade ago.

Would rather Allardyce, at least we wouldn't be challenging the Derby 15 points record under him which, no hyperbole, I think Hudson would have us at.

Some people glad to see the back of him anyway  :idiot2:

That blokes an utter bell end and likely a Sunderland fan

I actually read through his timeline because that's what I thought buy no, he's a Newcastle fan. There's plenty more like him out there as well!

Ok, still a bell end though.

Can't sleep, fuming.

f*** everything.

This hurts but brighter days hopefully will come, one day. Be strong mate. I’m feeling down in the dumps myself. I really loved everything Rafa stood for on and off pitch.

I feel at my lowest point supporting the club, well, i'm not supporting ashleys version of NUFC anymore.

I need to cut ties with it for my mental well being, but it's easier said than done.

I love NUFC but i have to stop supporting it.

All of the transfer window and takeover tension went away fucking immediately upon seeing this news. We've no intention to compete or improve and there's no reason to waste any emotion on the club as it is right now.

:blush:

Just reading back through the carnage, and have seen that Anthony Hudson is one of the big rumors.

Fuck me dead, as a New Zealander he is probably the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

On the flipside, that bar is very low and is set at "he never cost us a Confederations Cup spot or blew a World Cup qualification campaign by losing to Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands" like his predecessors.  The rest of his CV consists of getting sacked by a Conference Team, a MLS team and Harry Redknapp saying some nice things about him a decade ago.

Would rather Allardyce, at least we wouldn't be challenging the Derby 15 points record under him which, no hyperbole, I think Hudson would have us at.

If this is what we have come to, close the doors, clear the area and blow the bloody whole place up  :blush:

Immensely saddened.

Not only because we have lost one of the finest managers we've ever had, though that is - to be sure - a big loss. It's because this club is so poisoned, so diseased, that it cannot support good people doing fine work who demand the best from the club. Rafa was always going to be rejected, like an organ transplant gone wrong, because he was too good for what this club has become under Ashley. It is confirmation, not that we needed any more of it, that whatever support we throw behind the club is wasted, whatever desire we have for the club to move forward is irrelevant. There is no ambition or spirit. We are supporting a ghost. Or were, in many of our cases. There is nothing left. As long as he is in charge, we are dead as a sporting institution.

Cheers, Rafa. Thank you. You did all you could.

Guest covmag

Woke up early today still feeling utter contempt for my beloved club.

Never before have I hated it so much, wtf am I going to do now? No football club to support ? I simply won’t go back now that’s it, I clung on to the takeover happening and Rafa with a few quid to spend, all blown apart now with the shabby way they got rid of him, yes , rid of him.

This is not our club anymore, it will be beyond belief how many mugs will turn up against Arsenal and beyond not knowing why they are there is the stupidity of our fan base.

Now more than ever do they (the owners) deserve our hate, please just stay away lads and only ever set foot inside when he’s gone.  :(

Immensely saddened.

Not only because we have lost one of the finest managers we've ever had, though that is - to be sure - a big loss. It's because this club is so poisoned, so diseased, that it cannot support good people doing fine work who demand the best from the club. Rafa was always going to be rejected, like an organ transplant gone wrong, because he was too good for what this club has become under Ashley. It is confirmation, not that we needed any more of it, that whatever support we throw behind the club is wasted, whatever desire we have for the club to move forward is irrelevant. There is no ambition or spirit. We are supporting a ghost. Or were, in many of our cases. There is nothing left. As long as he is in charge, we are dead as a sporting institution.

Cheers, Rafa. Thank you. You did all you could.

Well said, couldn’t agree more.

All of the transfer window and takeover tension went away fucking immediately upon seeing this news. We've no intention to compete or improve and there's no reason to waste any emotion on the club as it is right now.

Exactly how I felt as soon as I heard the news. NUFC and any other news surrounding the club is just totally irrelevant to me now. Totally done with the fat cunt.

This will be my final post here, I lost interest in the club when Keegan left for the second time around. I had no interest to follow the club during the Pardew years and didn't even bother watching any matches, it was utter dispassionate apathy.

I got lured back in when Rafa was appointed in March 2016, and he allowed me to dream again. He is certainly the best Newcastle manager in my lifetime from a tactical perspective, and my respect for him is on par with Keegan and Sir Bobby. I am utterly devastated and heart-broken that he has officially left, despite being mentally prepared for it since the end of the season. I will have nothing but contempt for the supporters who continue to attend matches as long as Ashley is in charge.

All that remains is to say: 'Thank you Rafa, you will always be a true gent for acting with such dignity and compassion over the the past 3 years and it was an utter privilege to see you lead Newcastle United'

Guest chopey

I don't think we should be giving up, we need to join together for the destruction of Sports Direct United and if that means relegation to league one then so be it, I want my club back and where Ashley and Charnley are concerned it needs to be a dirty fight.

I don't think we should be giving up, we need to join together for the destruction of Sports Direct United and if that means relegation to league one then so be it, I want my club back and where Ashley and Charnley are concerned it needs to be a dirty fight.

Very much this. I'm more determined than ever to help get these fuckers out the club.

Very much this. I'm more determined than ever to help get these f***ers out of the club.

This will be my final post here, I lost interest in the club when Keegan left for the second time around. I had no interest to follow the club during the Pardew years and didn't even bother watching any matches, it was utter dispassionate apathy.

I got lured back in when Rafa was appointed in March 2016, and he allowed me to dream again. He is certainly the best Newcastle manager in my lifetime from a tactical perspective, and my respect for him is on par with Keegan and Sir Bobby. I am utterly devastated and heart-broken that he has officially left, despite being mentally prepared for it since the end of the season. I will have nothing but contempt for the supporters who continue to attend matches as long as Ashley is in charge.

All that remains is to say: 'Thank you Rafa, you will always be a true gent for acting with such dignity and compassion over the the past 3 years and it was an utter privilege to see you lead Newcastle United

:clap: