Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If he was waiting for the Newcastle job he'd have probably seen out his final year at Dalian. Or at least said he was taking a break for a while rather than intimating he's looking for a quick return to management. I think people are putting two and two together here, but his departure from China has probably got nothing to do with us.

Balague's said he's taking a break, but I haven't seen that confirmed/denied by Rafa himself.

That’s because he’s a journalist just making up shit and passing it as someone’s thoughts

If Rafa comes back here under Ashley, he'd lose a lot of credibility, in my eyes.

Nah, the very reason he left was because he couldn't get the assurances he needed. If he came back I'd trust that he got whatever he felt was necessary in order to improve the club.

That of course also means that he won't be back unless it is related to a takeover.

I've mentioned this on another thread, but a "mad thought" perhaps, but can we possibly get Rafa in a specifically 'temporary' role again (Deja Vu . . . )

Then any problems for the new owners having to keep our temporary manager (who they may not have wanted) on indefinitely . . . well, don't apply do they.

I mean, he is now available, and while Rafa would definitely NOT come back in any kind of permanent role under the current ownership (after the way he was treated by Ashley and all the broken promises) but he could be tempted by another temporary rescue job, particularly if his friends in the Consortium have indicated their imminent success to him !!

Seems LOGICAL doesn't it. So if it doesn't happen, and he goes to Celtic, what's next for your "IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN" takeover?

It is always so "LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU" . . .

Rafa will be ready in a month or two , good luck to him.

The only way he comes back is if a miraculous take over happens , there will come a time  like everything at NUFC when it’s too late , I can’t bare thinking about it.

Research the history to get the answer to your own Question

A lot of Chelsea fans recently said they’d have Rafa back

90% of them would be whinging and moaning within a month if they drew a couple of games. I don't think he'll go there, neither will they want him.