Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Wonder if they'd consider a straight swap for Bruce 

Why not when he's experienced and has done a fantastic job here according to anyone who doesn't actually have to watch his teams

Mental that they want him out. I can understand they were frustrated with the Villa and West Ham matches since they are their closest rivals for them this season but shouldn't be reason enough considering the otherwise good results and shrewd transfer business. I'd have him back, long term, in a heart beat.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Mental that they want him out. I can understand they were frustrated with the Villa and West Ham matches since they are their closest rivals for them this season but shouldn't be reason enough considering the otherwise good results and shrewd transfer business. I'd have him back, long term, in a heart beat.

I would imagine some of them just don't like his style of play. It's very effective, but not that easy on the eye unless he's got serious talent available. 

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, TRon said:

I would imagine some of them just don't like his style of play. It's very effective, but not that easy on the eye unless he's got serious talent available. 

Aye, I watched their game yesterday and they were god awful mind. I think it is the surrendering possession in home games that rankles folks.

These lot are still missing Richarlison and DCL, and they still look a decent threat. Going to be so good once they both get back up and running.

They should have got something out of the game yesterday, but Iwobi was very disappointing. Looking like even Rafa can't make him more effective, which is not a good sign for Iwobi at all.

Not sure how representative a Talksport fan is. We've had plenty of our own fans going on there with daft opinions, who don't represent the majority.

What I do think is that it's a heck of a job to turn Everton around, and there will be bumps in the road. The trouble Rafa has is that so many were hostile to him in the first place, and people in general don't like to be proven wrong.

So, every setback is amplified because it supports their previous view, and every step forward filed away with a shrug.

For what it's worth, they were really poor against West Ham. They have an expensive squad that doesn't really work and Rafa hasn't the budget for a radical overhaul. So it'll take a while for his coaching to pay off, and I'm not sure he'll be given that time.

For what it's worth, I do think he can be pig-headed at times, sticking to players he shouldn't and fiddling around with systems until one works. Not sure Rondon is one to stick with right now, given his time away from elite football, for example, though not sure what other options he has right now.

He'd have been ideal for us right now of course, but that ship has sailed, so I'm more excited to see what the next thing is rather than hark back to him.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Aye, I watched their game yesterday and they were god awful mind. I think it is the surrendering possession in home games that rankles folks.

I saw it as well, and Everton were letting West Ham dictate the pace of the game. It was very much like watching some of our games under Rafa, but the players didn't look like they had bought in fully yet. 

At Newcastle, fans were prepared to give him time to work his system, the problem for him at Everton is he won't get that period of grace because of his LFC connections. Still think they'll finish strong though, he'll get it right the longer he's there. 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Dacoure is going to out for a spell it seems, that will be a big blow to Rafa!

Oh man, that sucks. What's with the injuries to all of their best players specifically. Rotten luck.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-man-city-psg-bayern-21890641

Everton have one of the best ratios for big chances created and conceded in Europe’s top five leagues.

The Blues trail only Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain when it comes to making opportunities in the final third and stopping them at the other end.

Rafa being asked about the Bruce situation and basically saying his own personal experience and relationship with Newcastle fans was great and that he never likes to see a manager lose his job. That’s it. Not getting drawn into it like every other fucker. 

Love him. :smitten:

Edited by Miggys First Goal

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Rafa being asked about the Bruce situation and basically saying his experience and relationship with Newcastle fans was great and that he never likes to see a manager lose his job. That’s it. Not getting drawn into it like every other fucker. 

Love him. :smitten:

Had to hunt down his quotes as for a moment I was going mad and read that as him saying Bruce's relationship with Newcastle fans was great. :lol: