Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Their squad looks terrible at the moment

Two keepers on the bench today and they still can't fill their subs allocation

Jesus. I knew Rafa didn't have many options to add to the squad while they scrabbled around the bargain bin this summer but I didn't realise they were that bare. 

I didn't watch the game or even the highlights yet, but a Rafa team conceding 4 goals in 12 minutes plus stoppage time is very uncharacteristic for him.

Rondon sounds like he's getting stick, but he didn't score in his first six appearances for us. It's still early days there.

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I didn't watch the game or even the highlights yet, but a Rafa team conceding 4 goals in 12 minutes plus stoppage time is very uncharacteristic for him.

Rondon sounds like he's getting stick, but he didn't score in his first six appearances for us. It's still early days there.

He's a few years older mind 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Everton seem to have a good first 11 but as soon as you get beyond that they become a liability. Saying that they were only missing Doucoure, DCL and Richarlison today, who are all mint, but doesnt explain the defensive capitulation. That must be their first choice back 5 (inc. GK) today.

A lot of individuals errors from the goals i saw. 

he’s spent nothing but the expectations seem to be high, he’s likely in for a tough time. 

Rafa is too loyal for his own good. Fuck Everton man, come back here. He's going to get the sack there at some stage, its inevitable because the fans are stinking and will never take to him. He'll be supported here through thick and thin. Finish the project man. 

How long will Everton's FFP restrictions be in place if they can't raise commercial revenues significantly? Looks like Rafa is back to being under Ashley scenario all over again. Whilst Everton's Chairman wants to spend, they can't

3 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Honestly would worry a bit with him here now. The expectations will be different and I couldn't bare it if fans turned on the beautiful man.

Fair point.

There we’re already a few monumental thick cunts who went with the narrative of Bruce doing better than him. 

I echo the feelings of him coming back and failing , I just don’t want it to happen to him .

“Never go back” , a true saying 

I loved Rafa , he’s a top bloke but personally I don’t want him back now for this reason because it could just happen wether we think it would or not, some great memories and what could have been , let’s leave it at that and move on . 

15 minutes ago, GWN said:

I echo the feelings of him coming back and failing , I just don’t want it to happen to him .

“Never go back” , a true saying 

I loved Rafa , he’s a top bloke but personally I don’t want him back now for this reason because it could just happen wether we think it would or not, some great memories and what could have been , let’s leave it at that and move on . 

Same. His time here is done and we move on. Much prefer Fonseca coming in and bringing something different. 

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Same. His time here is done and we move on. Much prefer Fonseca coming in and bringing something different. 

Although I really like the sound of Fonseca's playing philosophy, I do worry that it's going to take a lot of work to get this squad playing his football.

We just can't afford that now, we're heading down and need someone who can get the current squad playing effective football. There is no better man for that than Rafa.

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

How long will Everton's FFP restrictions be in place if they can't raise commercial revenues significantly? Looks like Rafa is back to being under Ashley scenario all over again. Whilst Everton's Chairman wants to spend, they can't

Maybe they should have voted against banning sponsorship from related companies.... 

I don't want him back. His time here was the only time in the Ashley era that I felt connected to the club. I'd rather leave that be. 

There are not many examples of managers going back to clubs and it being a success. I wish KK had never come back because of the way it turned out. It is best to just leave the past as the past.

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

It doesn't look like it's going to turn around any time soon, the limit is a total loss of £105m over three seasons. Their past three accounts showed:

17/18 £13m loss 

18/19 £112m loss

19/20 £140m loss (doesn't count towards FFP due to Covid)

So unless they make a big profit this year that 18/19 loss is also going to keep them from spending next season. But, those losses are not just from transfer fees and the transfer fees are obviously being heavily deferred, even if they're not actually buying players right now they're clearly still paying instalments (£125m liabilities in their most recent accounts) and running at an operating loss excluding player trading.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It doesn't look like its going to turn around any time soon, the limit is a total loss of £105m over three seasons. Their past three accounts showed:

17/18 £13m loss 

18/19 £112m loss

19/20 £140m loss (doesn't count towards FFP due to Covid)

So unless they make a big profit this year that 18/19 loss is also going to keep them from spending next season. But, those losses are not just from transfer fees and the transfer fees are obviously being heavily deferred, even if they're not actually buying players right now they're clearly still paying instalments (£125m liabilities in their most recent accounts) and running at an operating loss excluding player trading.

This FFP stuff is just ridiculous. You have a team that can’t spend money even though they have it because their commercial revenues aren’t sky high. So all it does is keep the top teams at the top because they have the most revenue and can spend the most. You can’t grow commercially without getting better players and spending money, the whole things is anti-competitive and needs a major rethink 

Just now, andyc35i said:

This FFP stuff is just ridiculous. You have a team that can’t spend money even though they have it because their commercial revenues aren’t sky high. So all it does is keep the top teams at the top because they have the most revenue and can spend the most. You can’t grow commercially without getting better players and spending money, the whole things is anti-competitive and needs a major rethink 

Yeah, It's clearly just set up to protect the current top clubs' position.