Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, triggs said:

The amount of money Everton have spent to stand still or even go backwards maybe tells us that it's going to be a lot more difficult for us to break through than it was with Man City

don't think there's anything new in that you've got to hit the right targets and management team, as it ever was

He made a mistake taking that job. He's right sort of manager for a club like Everton, a club like us, et cetera. But the LFC connection just wouldn't be ignored, its naive if anyone thought otherwise. Nevertheless, performances seem really poor there, the defending yesterday after being 2-1 up with 12 minutes left was absolutely abysmal, their performance v West Ham was poor, as was at Villa. Once the going gets tough, and it seems like it is starting to, there's no coming back for him.

Always finishes strongly, mind. If they give him the season they'll be back to being conflicted about the whole Liverpool connection Vs. the decent job he's doing, as was the case in the opening half a dozen games. 

2 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

It doesn't look like it's going to turn around any time soon, the limit is a total loss of £105m over three seasons. Their past three accounts showed:

17/18 £13m loss 

18/19 £112m loss

19/20 £140m loss (doesn't count towards FFP due to Covid)

So unless they make a big profit this year that 18/19 loss is also going to keep them from spending next season. But, those losses are not just from transfer fees and the transfer fees are obviously being heavily deferred, even if they're not actually buying players right now they're clearly still paying instalments (£125m liabilities in their most recent accounts) and running at an operating loss excluding player trading.

Surprising for Rafa to overlook this point. He was even quoted recently as saying what a big difference to have a Chairman prepared to spend :D

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He made a mistake taking that job. He's right sort of manager for a club like Everton, a club like us, et cetera. But the LFC connection just wouldn't be ignored, its naive if anyone thought otherwise. Nevertheless, performances seem really poor there, the defending yesterday after being 2-1 up with 12 minutes left was absolutely abysmal, their performance v West Ham was poor, as was at Villa. Once the going gets tough, and it seems like it is starting to, there's no coming back for him.

They also see it as a convenient choice rather than an impassioned one. Ie just to be near his family! He’s a tough, stubborn bugger, but without the wave of support like the Newcastle fans and the city have him it will get ugly. We always had faith and believe in him, something he gave to us when going into the championship. A reciprocated love ♥️, that’ll never be the case in his current role. 

He has them 8th after 9 games, in fact a win yesterday and they would have been 4th, yet read the shite in that thread on their forum? They’re a joke.

They’re very well thought of over here in Ireland and I honestly don’t know why because I’m yet to met an Everton fan who isn’t bitter and deluded. That cliche people say about Newcastle fans thinking we’re a massive club and our expectations are huge, we demand Champions League football etc etc that we know to be bullshit, that shit actually applies to Everton and is 100% true for them.

The only Everton fan I know personally is very down to earth and reasonable. I’ll never understand how anyone can legitimately think that ascribing personality traits/views to whole swathes of people based on which football team they support is sensible. It’s absolutely mental. 

Couldn't give a flying fuck about Everton tbh. Complete indifference towards them. I actually know a couple of Evertonians in real life they're sound lads, the bizarre quasi hatred they have for us seems to only exist online for whatever reason. And if you judge a fanbase by their online presence, I'd fucking hate us too. :lol:

On Benitez, whilst I would absolutely love it if he came back, firstly I don't think he would and secondly I want a complete fresh start and that includes Benitez.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Find it hard to believe every football club fanbase isn’t basically the same. 

It’s sort of natural too. The bigger the fanbase, the more chance of more muppets being present.

No surprise most of the well supported teams  tend to have their fair share of talking points.

Rafa could throw them under the bus for this abuse,for even though every manager gets it, unless they flag it up for sympathy none of these bleeding hearts could care less.

Not the type though.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease, empty vessels make the most noise, not a self-pitying deflecting c**t etc.

Edited by Wolfcastle