Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

We had so much joy when he signed on for that championship season. :lol:

Not so sure. A good proportion were fewming week in, week out that we didn't play an English 4-4-2 and didn't win 6-0 every week.

Chronicle going with ‘We Want Answers’. Why aren’t they just saying, ‘We Want You To Go’ or similar? Cowards.

Without the club the chronicle doesn't exist. it knows that.it won't bite the hand that feeds it.

Genuine question, what was the last worthwhile piece of news the Chronicle broke first?

About to say that, not sure they get anything from the club these days.

Has he issued his own "thank you & goodbye" statement to the fans yet?

He won’t until after the 30th i’d imagine

Why leave it until then if he knows he is gone for good?

He's still under contract so probably wants to be professional and keep it civil until he is no longer paid by the club

Terms of the contract I guess.

If we don't hear anything from him after the 30th I'll be bitterly disappointed. I know he has reputation to uphold, especially as someone who is unemployed, but everyone (who's opinion is worth anything) knows Ashley is the enemy so he's nowt to lose. Hopefully the likes of Hardy and Caulkin will be banging on his door for an exclusive.

Chronicle going with ‘We Want Answers’. Why aren’t they just saying, ‘We Want You To Go’ or similar? Cowards.

Without the club the chronicle doesn't exist. it knows that.it won't bite the hand that feeds it.

Genuine question, what was the last worthwhile piece of news the Chronicle broke first?

About to say that, not sure they get anything from the club these days.

true but having access to players/manager for interviews and press conferences fills a lot of pages/ad clicks and Ashley is more than willing to ban them

Looks like the club told Fernandez to delete his post that alluded to Rafa deserving better than to find out from Skysports that he wouldn’t be getting another contract offer.

Says everything you need to know about Mike Ashley and Charnley.

Hoping for a Keegan type statement from Rafa next week :thup:

If the players had any backbone they would all hand in transfer requests. Every one of them.

Yeah....  :idiot2:

At least the ones who'd comfortably get a better deal elsewhere:

Almiron

Ayoze

Longstaff

Hayden

Lascelles

Lejeune

Schar

Dubravka

Better get out now when your stock is high, than getting a worse deal when you've just been relegated next season due to poor management.

Looks like the club told Fernandez to delete his post that alluded to Rafa deserving better than to find out from Skysports that he wouldn’t be getting another contract offer.

Me too but that didn't stop the sheep from going then either

Many were appeased by the appointment of Joe Kinnear, understandably.

Many were appeased by the appointment of Joe Kinnear, understandably.

:lol:

If that's true, then you're right to say it's indicative of Ashley's cuntery

Don't know about you guys, but knowing Ashley stays on makes me wish for a starting XI of players we've never heard from, Guingamp's reserve striker perhaps, alongside that young fella from Mouscron. Managed by some utterly hateful cunt like Wise or Keane or Mourinho, record lowest points total. Ayoze, Lejeune and all our other jewels sparking at other clubs.

I try to say I don't care, but I just really do. At the time, I felt exactly the "I'm done" feeling I've had with serious partners. But after time, I'm fuming like the impotent ex who has discovered she'd been cheating the whole time. And while Ashley's cuntery is no surprise, the sheer level to which he'll take "cut off your nose to spite your face" is staggering.

If that's true, then you're right to say it's indicative of Ashley's cuntery

Don't know about you guys, but knowing Ashley stays on makes me wish for a starting XI of players we've never heard from, Guingamp's reserve striker perhaps, alongside that young fella from Mouscron. Managed by some utterly hateful cunt like Wise or Keane or Mourinho, record lowest points total. Ayoze, Lejeune and all our other jewels sparking at other clubs.

I try to say I don't care, but I just really do. At the time, I felt exactly the "I'm done" feeling I've had with serious partners. But after time, I'm fuming like the impotent ex who has discovered she'd been cheating the whole time. And while Ashley's cuntery is no surprise, the sheer level to which he'll take "cut off your nose to spite your face" is staggering.

Seems very likely.

Why else would he have taken it down has the stink of Charnley and Ashley all over it :hmm:

If the players had any backbone they would all hand in transfer requests. Every one of them.

Almiron

Ayoze

Longstaff

Hayden

Lascelles

Lejeune

Schar

Dubravka

Better get out now when your stock is high, than getting a worse deal when you've just been relegated next season due to poor management.

You don't put in a transfer request in 2019 - you call your agent and tell him to get you the fuck out of the club. Ashley's eyes will light up when some of the offers roll in, with not a thought as to who should play in their place. Or who should purchase those players. Or who should manage those players. Longstaff really is just a bag of unrealised loot spending too much time in the treatment room, after all...

Agree, if there's any time for a good old mutiny it should be now! Just to show who the real boss should be.

Guest Gonzo

Almiron

Ayoze

Longstaff

Hayden

Lascelles

Lejeune

Schar

Dubravka

Most of the squad can go on to something better. There’s always a few who won’t. Murphy, Atsu, Joselu, Ritchie etc etc.