Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

We already know what Rafa thinks. He'd been quite vocal over the last few seasons over what the club should be doing. He wanted to be able to compete (on a realistic basis). He asked for improvements to the training facilities, a higher maximum wage ceiling to be able to entice better players, a reasonable transfer budget and control on how to spend it, etc. He was told no.

Mike Ashley wants a 17th place or higher finish in the Premier League for the least capital outlay. Even better, buy young, cheap players and sell them on for a massive profit. It's as easy as that. Why haven't the rest of the Premiership cottoned on to this genius operating model?

We already know what Rafa thinks. He'd been quite vocal over the last few seasons over what the club should be doing. He wanted to be able to compete (on a realistic basis). He asked for improvements to the training facilities, a higher maximum wage ceiling to be able to entice better players, a reasonable transfer budget and control on how to spend it, etc. He was told no.

Mike Ashley wants a 17th place or higher finish in the Premier League for the least capital outlay. Even better, buy young, cheap players and sell them on for a massive profit. It's as easy as that. Why haven't the rest of the Premiership cottoned on to this genius operating model?

They probably don’t want to follow a model that will be relegated for the 3rd time.

The Mike Ashley relegation model.

God the thought of this is just so fucking gutting. :(

I’ve been asked about it by friends who support other teams and I just tell them I’d rather not talk about it.

There’s so much to say but I just don’t have the energy for it.

I’ve been asked about it by friends who support other teams and I just tell them I’d rather not talk about it.

There’s so much to say but I just don’t have the energy for it.

Exactly this. I'm actively speeding past certain colleagues who I know will be wanting to ask about it.

If the players had any backbone they would all hand in transfer requests. Every one of them.

Yeah....  :idiot2:

At least the ones who'd comfortably get a better deal elsewhere:

Almiron

Ayoze

Longstaff

Hayden

Lascelles

Lejeune

Schar

Dubravka

Better get out now when your stock is high, than getting a worse deal when you've just been relegated next season due to poor management.

Most of the squad can go on to something better. There’s always a few who won’t. Murphy, Atsu, Joselu, Ritchie etc etc.

Thing is though Ashley would love that, its probably his dream scenario...

It was always a looming threat with Ashley.  Like the White Walkers in GoT, hopefully he might get rinsed in the most lame arsed way with no dialogue just like the WW.

Guest chopey

I'm going through swings of laughing at how comical the situation is to being gutted/angry/disgusted.

Not me, I'm at peace with it, they will get no more money off me but I am going to actually enjoy watching Ashley's investment suffer from the comfort of my armchair. Newcastle United will return one day and so will I but until then I've got the popcorn out.

I'm going through swings of laughing at how comical the situation is to being gutted/angry/disgusted.

Not me, I'm at peace with it, they will get no more money off me but I am going to actually enjoy watching Ashley's investment suffer from the comfort of my armchair. Newcastle United will return one day and so will I but until then I've got the popcorn out.

:thup:

Negative net spend on transfers during Rafa's tenure, according to this chart.

www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F7b3027a0-96b5-11e9-872e-73f33f6fa5f5.png?crop=3000%2C2000%2C0%2C0&resize=996

I'm wondering when the not caring bit starts, hope it's soon

You are not handling this well. Trust me mate there’s worse things that could happen in life. It’s gutting but it was coming

I see Rafa coming back ala Keegan a second time here when Fat Mike is gone or we are looking for a new manager. Hope I'm still around to see that day.

Hopefully in a few weeks :lol:

www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F7b3027a0-96b5-11e9-872e-73f33f6fa5f5.png?crop=3000%2C2000%2C0%2C0&resize=996

Brighton and Bournemouth :lol:

How arn’t they getting in the Top 10 with that net spend.

Brighton and Bournemouth :lol:

How arn’t they getting in the Top 10 with that net spend.

Because other teams have more expensive squads?