Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Negative net spend on transfers during Rafa's tenure, according to this chart.

www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F7b3027a0-96b5-11e9-872e-73f33f6fa5f5.png?crop=3000%2C2000%2C0%2C0&resize=996

If only he had spent his own wages, just think where we would have been.

I still feel crying just watching video reports three days on :sad: I don't live in Newcastle i come from Birmingham and because of Rafa i promised myself i would make the trip to go and see us play whenever i could the past season.

That game? The Man city game when we won and broke our transfer record! I enjoyed it that much i planned to go watch us via Wolves,Villa and again City sadly that is now dead i won't ever go again until Ashley goes! Even my 5 year old nephew would wake up every Sunday morning to watch us on motd2 with his Nufc shirt on to copy me because he could see the hope Rafa gave me it pains me to think I've lost my nephew to a different sport/Team because i won't be bothering anymore

I still feel crying just watching video reports three days on :sad: I don't live in Newcastle i come from Birmingham and because of Rafa i promised myself i would make the trip to go and see us play whenever i could the past season.

That game? The Man city game when we won and broke our transfer record! I enjoyed it that much i planned to go watch us via Wolves,Villa and again City sadly that is now dead i won't ever go again until Ashley goes! Even my 5 year old nephew would wake up every Sunday morning to watch us on motd2 with his Nufc shirt on to copy me because he could see the hope Rafa gave me it pains me to think I've lost my nephew to a different sport/Team because i won't be bothering anymore

Ashley won't be here forever, keep watching with your nephew, no need to let the fat cunt ruin little things like that for you.

Roeder wasn't and Ashley guy.  If they are putting Roeder on there then Allardyce has to be on the list.

Roeder was a shepherd hire and fire. Never begrudged him, he was out of his depth but don't blame him for taking the job on. He probably should have walked sooner though.

Doesn't seem real. Will hit like a tonne of bricks Monday morning when he puts out a statement to the fans thanking us and wishing us well, then 24 hours later when he's in talks with another club.

:lol: Newcastle fans wouldn't even know what a Benitez was if it wasn't for our insightful owner :thup:

A'LL TELL YA WOT LIKE, I NAH WHO IZ BENITEZ AND WHO IZN'T BENITEZ. UR MAM'S BENITEZ IN THE SHEETS!

Found the True Faith podcast to be a helpful listen. Felt like I was attending a Newcastles Anonymous and it was quite therapeutic. :lol:

Tbh I've always found this, after defeats etc they tend to, well, not so much put a positive spin on it but definitely made me look at things I perhaps would have missed.  Used to calm my rage a bit :lol:

Found the True Faith podcast to be a helpful listen. Felt like I was attending a Newcastles Anonymous and it was quite therapeutic. :lol:

i've been avoiding it because i didn't want to stir up any emotions that I'm slow attempting to get over

i've been avoiding it because i didn't want to stir up any emotions that I'm slow attempting to get over

It ends on a vaguely hopeful note.

2 days later and this is still affecting everything I do. Everytime I accidently laugh/smile/think positive about things, my mind quickly goes back into 'No more Rafa' mode. This isn't good, man. Football shouldn't do this :(

I’m as disappointed as the next guy that Rafa has gone, not necessarily for footballing reasons, but because of the lack of ambition and class that it shows yet again. From a footballing point of view I will miss his ability to organise the defensive shape of our team, and how to grind out a result. In truth I won’t miss the lack of attacking intent (that was at least evident until Almiron arrived).

Overall he was an outstanding manager for us and represented the club better than anyone since Bobby. Really disappointing.