Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Doesn't seem real. Will hit like a tonne of bricks Monday morning when he puts out a statement to the fans thanking us and wishing us well, then 24 hours later when he's in talks with another club.

If only he’d left after he wasted all of Mike’s money in the Championship playing boring football or after poor starts in the PL seasons you’d have jumping for joy.

You never know Stevie Taylor player-manager...

Has anyone posted the article in the Mirror by Brian Reade, only now catching up after a power cut last night.

Mike Ashley could have had it all at Newcastle but will go down as a mean loser, Somehow, billionaire tycoon Ashley never embraced Newcastle United's enormous potential under world-class manager Rafa Benitez

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-could-newcastle-go-17261731

Has anyone posted the article in the Mirror by Brian Reade, only now catching up after a power cut last night.

Mike Ashley could have had it all at Newcastle but will go down as a mean loser, Somehow, billionaire tycoon Ashley never embraced Newcastle United's enormous potential under world-class manager Rafa Benitez

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-could-newcastle-go-17261731

Well done to the mirror! At least some of the press have a bit of local knowledge

Woke up today actually feeling relived and happy for the first time this week. It feels like I've just come out of a toxic relationship and had that light bulb moment where it's for the best and all ties are now cut with the club. Closure at last, embracing the zen.

Looking forward to more attacking intent as they get battered every week trying to keep a bargain basement squad in the richest league in the world.

But as we all know, Newcastle fans would rather get beat 4-3 than 1-0.

2 days later and this is still affecting everything I do. Everytime I accidently laugh/smile/think positive about things, my mind quickly goes back into 'No more Rafa' mode. This isn't good, man. Football shouldn't do this :(

Fuck me, that doesn't sound healthy  :lol:

2 days later and this is still affecting everything I do. Everytime I accidently laugh/smile/think positive about things, my mind quickly goes back into 'No more Rafa' mode. This isn't good, man. Football shouldn't do this :(

Fuck me, nothing like being melodramatic :lol:

Looking forward to more attacking intent as they get battered every week trying to keep a bargain basement squad in the richest league in the world.

If/when we do get battered for "having a go" it will be fun to see the pundits  absolutely ruin our managers tactics, unless of course its an established PFM which will mean he will get a pass. :(

If/when we do get battered for "having a go" it will be fun to see the pundits  absolutely ruin our managers tactics, unless of course its an established PFM which will mean he will get a pass. :(

You're spot on, but why would you bother watching it or listening to the pundits after? it's just footballing self harm.

Guest covmag

Still technically our manager for 3 more days  :rose:

All being well, he will be back as our manager again in a few weeks, under new owners.

:lol: